Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i wanted to know how good the Auto-Tune function works in crome pro?
Must i have RTP to use Auto-Tune?
Does it also work with the ITB-Tools plugin?

Thanks.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
you dont NEED rtp to use auto tune.

in crome there is a tab where you enter your target afr for each rpm/vac/boost range. you then proceed to drive around getting as good of datalog as you possibly can, making sure that you get accurate readings from your wideband. the program then makes the proper % fuel adjustments based on injector size, afr, etc and adds/subtracts the correct amount of fuel to reach your target. you do this several times letting the program make adjustments toward what you feel you need, then fine tune by hand

and i must say, its works quite well :TU:

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
bigwig said:
do Not Buy An Ems Based On The Fact It Has Auto-tune. This Is A Gimick To Sell Product.
Ahh but it works and works damn good. Don't knock it till ya rock it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I was talking in generalizations. You guys dont get it, in order to get autotune to work half decent you need to make sure without a doubt that your computer is getting nearly perfect data. That takes some knowledge of the innerworkings of the ECU. From there you still need to tune the ECT, IAT, gear correction, and various other things. Auto-tune gets your AFR's somewhat close at operating temperature. Wahoo, it did a job a monkey could do a bit faster than said monkey. ITS A GIMICK. It does the simplest job "for you". I'm not impressed, and I dont care if its Crome, AEM EMS, or any other program/ems/whatever the hell you want to call it. They are all gimicks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts