Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I'm new in this Forum, but I already read alot of threads. Found some very usefull informations, but I still got a few questions.
I've built a NA D16Z5 (DOHC ZC) with 11:1 CR, bigger cams (284°/280°) and some little head work. Put some EP3 Type R injectors in, to run E85. On the dyno I put down some 165crank HP. I'm very happy.
All the mapping stuff has been done on crome pro. So far so good.
I still got a few questions about crome pro, but I couldn't find any answers.
I tuned the car in Openloop and the AFR are all steady, it idles perfect @14.7 an WOT is @ 13. For emission purposes and fuel mileage I wanted to use closed loop for part throttle and idle. When I enable de the closed loop mode, the car first runs very lean for a few seconds, then catches up @ 14,7 and then the AFR become very unsteady and oscilates betwes 14,3 and 15,6, on idle and on part throttle. The NB O2 voltage (new sensor) oscilates between 0,3 and 1V. There seem to be something wrong, but I cant figure out what. The injector offset is set right. In Openloop when I add 10% of fuel in the fuel table, the AFR Drop exactly 10%. The offset dont seem to be the problem. But I cant figure out how to get the closed loop AFR more steady...
Other question is about the Debug mode. I tuned the map in openloop without enabling the debug mode (as stated by John Cui) but when I'm enabling the debug mode (for test purpose) the car immediatly begins running lean and I lose about 0.2ms of Pulsewidth. Anybody can explain to me what is disabled which makes me losing about 0.2ms of PW?
I hope you understand my english, it's not my motherlanguage :p

best regards,
Claude

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,199 Posts
This happens to a lot of people who try to run their Crome tuned cars in closed loop mode after tuning. For whatever reason, the voltage isn't reading correctly. I've never done this, personally..so I haven't had to trouble shoot. I've always just ran open loop and got my partial throttle AFRs rock solid.

If I were to do this and trouble shoot, I would start with asking myself - Maybe there is some weird bug in Crome that causes this. What could it be? There has been a lot of Crome weirdness that I had to trouble shoot on my own.

Doesn't seem likely, but changing options / tuning settings may do something weird to the ROM. I don't know. So with that said, I would try changing the "Lambda Conversion Table" back to stock narrowband and changing the read voltages back to 3 volts. Just for the hell of it. Then send that to your emulator or reburn a chip. SOMETHING weird is causing this and it happens to A LOT of people. It has to be a bug / setting that someone is missing.

I'm actually thinking about switching to closed loop just to see if I can cause this problem and attempt to fix it.

If you did figure out the problem, please post the solution for people in the future.

EDIT -
When you enable lots of "features" (aka script), they can have an effect on things. When running debug mode, it can mess with ELD and more. Debug mode has also been known to mess with scripts / features you have added. I never use it. I disable as little as possible and add as few "features" as possible.

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,199 Posts
So I did some reading (actually opened the manual for my wideband setup for the first time) and read the whole thing. Hah. It said that when running widebands in NB (narrow band) mode, you should expect one-second fluctuations of 13-17 AFR range. I think this is exactly what people are talking about. Does that sound accurate?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts