Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. tying up the loose ends on my ZC/Y8 Turbo. Just switched from low boost (wastegate open and stock injectors) to 5psi and the 440 injectors that i had are shot.
So basically i have 2 questions regarding Crome free.
1. if i buy DSM 450s, and i use the battery offset preset for 3ohm dsms on crome, does it compensate for the resistor box or do i still need it? and if so do i just pull it out of an eclipse at the junkyard?
2. can anyone direct me to a thread or explain how to wire a wideband to datalog with crome and freelog? i have an aem uego and im totally lost as far as where to wire everything so that my laptop can read it. i feel like there is a lot of info out there for software troubleshooting but nothing about hardware besides hondata.

thanks

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,692 Posts
if you have low impedance injectors you will need a resistor box .use one from a honda or mitsu.

and why are you wasting our time and yours on crome and freelog .
download hondatuningsuite and stop fucking around.

·
Registered
1994 turbo hatch
110 Posts
if you have low impedance injectors you will need a resistor box .use one from a honda or mitsu.

and why are you wasting our time and yours on crome and freelog .
download hondatuningsuite and stop fucking around.
never heard of it. i’ll have check it out

EDIT: HTS looks really cool. can i just wire my wide band to d14 and data log from there? and does it work with ostrich?

·
Registered
93 Civic Cx hatch
15 Posts
If you wire it to d14 you will only be able to read between 0 and I think 3.8v whcih is honestly fine for most purposes. You will be able to read as lean as 16.2 or maybe 16.6 I want to say into the ecu before it caps out. That is where I have my wideband hooked up to. You can also do d10 or even d12 for the full 0-5v logging I think.

Do you have the older AEM uego or is it the newer x-series? They are both wired up very similarly but the x-series has more wires and options.

·
Registered
1994 turbo hatch
110 Posts
If you wire it to d14 you will only be able to read between 0 and I think 3.8v whcih is honestly fine for most purposes. You will be able to read as lean as 16.2 or maybe 16.6 I want to say into the ecu before it caps out. That is where I have my wideband hooked up to. You can also do d10 or even d12 for the full 0-5v logging I think.

Do you have the older AEM uego or is it the newer x-series? They are both wired up very similarly but the x-series has more wires and options.
i just bought it off amazon so i think it’s the newer one. i’ve seen the mod to make it read 5v but i’ll probably just keep it at 3.8.

so HTS will be able to log off ostrich with o2 on d14? i thought it was more complicated than that. do i need hulog or do i use the data link connector etc?

·
Registered
93 Civic Cx hatch
15 Posts
Amazon sells both versions. If yours is 30-0300 then it is the newer one but they both work.

D14 is your stock o2 sensor wire so when you connect the right wire from the AEM gauge to that the ecu just takes the readings as if the stock sensor was giving them. Then you just log the data the ecu is seeing with a hulog or whatever option you choose. I have something similar to an Ostrich and I use a hulog cable.

·
Registered
1994 turbo hatch
110 Posts
ok sick. that makes sense. before i go out and get hulog, anyone know if i can use the data link connector that’s already built in? it’s a 3 wire harness that comes from the ecu but i can’t find any info on it. honda factory manual just says it’s the DLC but doesn’t say what it’s used for

·
Registered
93 dx + 92 lx
328 Posts
My ecu has a bluetooth module for tunerview on the datalogging spot. I also have moates gear. (Hulog+ostrich 1) Has anyone used hulog to connect via a bluetooth module or am i gonna be uninstalling the bt sender to tune?

Thanks for turning me on to HTS. Time to learn new software im not tryna pay to upgrade crome for gold

·
Registered
93 Civic Cx hatch
15 Posts
I replaced my bluetooth data logger with a hulog cable because bluetooth did not work well for me at all. If your bluetooth logger works for you then you should be able to just change the setting for this in HTS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts