Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 lb hunk of top round, fat side down, onions and red/orange peppers from the grocery salad bar, crock pot is set on low. I did put some BBBR (Bad Bryon's Butt Rub) on the meat 30 minutes before putting it in the crock pot.

Roughly seven hours later I added more boiling water and two big baker potatoes after flipping the meat fat side up to render and melt. Expecting all to be down by tn hour mark.

At that point the meat will be pull and what is left of the fat cap scraped off, meat allowed to cool. The onions and taters will be spooned out and the broth allowed to cool in the fridge. Most of the fat will rise to the top and solidify allowing it to be easily scooped off and either used or disposed off. The broth will then be used to cook a small bag of wide egg noddles in. The chilled beef will then be easier to slice for sandwiches and the scraps tossed in with the noddles.....if I don't snack on them in the process.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
539 Posts
Yes they do.
My Mom got me a few books when I moved out, Fix it and Forget it, A Man, Can, and a Plan (all recipes have beer in them, or coke) and some others.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Butt rub for the win. I rock the BBB apron when I pan fry shit. I love my crock pot, well I have three, one large round, one oval, one single serve. My wife made me love home made chili with ours.

If you don't cook with one you are missing out, you can add beer, a little water, some potatoes, onions, and a roast(pig or beef), let cook all day and crack a dark beer and enjoy.

A bottle of BBQ sauce some hot sauce, pepper, and a packet or two of little smokey's, you will be the man at the next football party.

Hells yeah Bone.

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
Yeah webb, hear that? I love my crockpot.

Could this turn into a crockpot thread for ideas and recipes?

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
it definitely should, i love making split pea soup in my crock pot and my girlfriend makes some tasty pulled pork. i want to try making a potato or clam chowder soup

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Crock pots rock.

I do pulled pork, stroganoff, stews, alfredo, chili, with my crock pot. Im sure Im missing something.

Hey blue, did you know you smell like Borat?

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Crock pots rock.

I do pulled pork, stroganoff, stews, alfredo, chili, with my crock pot. Im sure Im missing something.

Hey blue, did you know you smell like Borat?
no i sure didnt?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
three large boneless chicken breasts on top of a layer of Yukon Gold taters, about 1.5 lbs, quartered, 1/2 lb of baby carrots, cut in 1/2, 1/3 of a bunch of celery, one medium onion quartered.

2 cup of waters, then crank the crock pot on high and 5 hours later it is done. Shred the chicken while stirring.....done.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Winter is coming ... it's hearty stew season. I kinda want to get all three of our crock pots going. 14 quarts of crock pot madness (I think ... might be more).

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
GF just mentioned it is getting stew, chili, soup season. Will be posting more in here if I don't forget.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
picked up a 3.5 pound roast tonight, beef stew tomorrow night, first night getting down into the 30's....

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry I didn't update the above.....

3.5 lb top round roast cut into 2" cubes and browned off
1.5 lbs Yukon Golds (left over from 3lb bag 9-28-14)
1/2 lb baby carrots cut in half (left over from 9-28-14)
One med. red onion rough chopped
1/2 can 6 oz. of tomato paste.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tonights crock pot fixins.....barely over $4....

1 lb great northern beans, washed and soaked for two hours $1.49
1 lb sliced carrots .99
1 med white onion .65
1/3 bundle of celery .65
1/2 can (6 oz) tomato paste .35
red pepper flakes to taste.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Boneless Chicken Thigh Chili, Breasts can be used as well....

1 can black beans
1 can red beans
1 can white beans
16 oz frozen corn kernels
2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with chili seasoning (?)
2 cans (10 oz) dicec tomatoes with chilies
1 packet HOT taco seasoning
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
1.8 lbs boneless chicken thighs, trimmed, so about 1.5 lbs
4 hours on high, pull out the chicken and shred, put it back in for 1.5-2 hours on low. Serve with cornbread.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.