Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw them for sale on ebay and then went to their website and they are only ~$112. Iam building up a turbo d16z6 head w a 59300 cam and want to be able to safely rev to about 8000rpms

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. Should I be able to run 8000rpms w/ a 59300 cam with just the springs?

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i have heard bad stuff about their camshafts...

if their camshafts are junk, how good do you think the springs are??

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
ryan89crx, you said in another post "Crespo is actualy a decent company, out of Singapore i believe. havent heard anything bad about them."

i guess you heard something bad about them now. that sux. what did you hear about them. i was hoping this was a cheaper alternative to overpriced name brand springs.

ryan

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
ryan89crx, you said in another post "Crespo is actualy a decent company, out of Singapore i believe. havent heard anything bad about them."

i guess you heard something bad about them now. that sux. what did you hear about them. i was hoping this was a cheaper alternative to overpriced name brand springs.

ryan
there was a thread about a week later with a member talking about how the lobes on his cam ground off and wore away. i wish i could find the it now...

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
damn. that does suck. i missed that thread. has anyone else ever used any of there products. i am only interested in the springs, not the cams. anyone ever used them.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
damn, that sucks. i thought they were supposed to be reputable company..................

this sucks......i was thinking about jumping on those springs on ebay.

oh well, i guess i will just keep checking back to this thread and see if anyone has had first hand exprience with the springs.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
well... i can't speak of experience... cause its not build as i speak but i have crespo valve spring and a zex 59300 on my desk along with p29

i do think crespo spring should be better than old tired oem spring

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got the 59300 and the crespo springs in a build I just put together. Only about 20 miles on it so far, so it's hard to say about how long they'll last. So far so good. It'll be going to the dyno in a little over a week. We'll see how it does there.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I orded one set for an dohc zc from crespo. They never arrived. And they wrote, the package is lost.

They scammed me over $150 :TD:

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
I orded one set for an dohc zc from crespo. They never arrived. And they wrote, the package is lost.

They scammed me over $150 :TD:
you need to learn to run for your money... i always pay with paypal or with a credit card... this way i never get scammed for lost shipment or wrong item.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts