Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an easy quick way to do something a little different with chicken and its pretty damn tasty as well.
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves or thighs whichever you prefer
2 medium onions diced
1 bell pepper diced you pick the color I prefer green
2 ribs celery sliced
1 15oz can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tsp olive or veggie oil
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper I usually add a little more

Saute the onion,pepper and celery in a large skillet until they are tender.
Add the remaining ingredients.Bring to a boil,then reduce heat&simmer uncovered till the chicken is done(10-15 min or 170 degrees with a meat thermometer)
Take out the chicken and cover with foil.
Return the veggie mixture to a boil then turn heat down and simmer for another 10-12 min till most of the liquid has evaporated.
Serve the sauce over the chicken with some rice.
Give this a try.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hey Steve!

That recipe sounds delicious man! I just happen to have about three pounds of boneless chicken breasts in the freezer. I'll give it a try tomorrow night and let you know how it comes out.

P.S. I haven't spoken to Wryann yet. I'll try and get a hold of him tomorrow.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
I must try this, only modified for ease of cooking.

I used to buy veggies pre chopped for salad, like onions, tri-color peppers, and celery.

I got bored with same old grilled chicken......

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just starting to think about this recipe is making me hungry.

Best part about the recipe is that it's Creole style. You can add spicey Italian sausage, clams, shrimp, muscles, or whatever else you want and serve it over a yellow safron rice.

YYUUUMMMMMMMMMMM!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One good thing about this is its low fat and salt,if you follow the recipe.
I had a scare last week chest and left arm pains and spent 2 1/2 days in the hospital not a heart attack ,thank God. stress induced atypical chest pain but the cardiologist said low fat and sodium and it made me remember this dish I actually hadn't made it for a couple of years.

·
Registered
765 Posts
One good thing about this is its low fat and salt,if you follow the recipe.
I had a scare last week chest and left arm pains and spent 2 1/2 days in the hospital not a heart attack ,thank God. stress induced atypical chest pain but the cardiologist said low fat and sodium and it made me remember this dish I actually hadn't made it for a couple of years.

Do whatever it takes man to keep the stress at a minimum. I've been through all that with the doctors, high blood pressure meds, everything! It's not worth it at all. Start eating healthy and get some regular exercise.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
I don't salt...unless it is potatoes.

My problem with sodium lies in processed food.......HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

Bake at home frozen pizza, big name brand, "not delivery"......800 mg of salt per serving. So if I ate 1/2 the pizza, that would be one days allowance of sodium.

Eating cheap is not good.
Eating good is not cheap.

Stress.......I quit a job of 14 years in 1999 as my doctor said if I didn't quit...........well I wouldn't be typing this now or have ever joined in 2003. Wish I could have stuck it out in a different department, in 5 years I would have retired at age 48 with FULL benefits....but thats not possible when you are pushing up daises....like my father.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
25+ yrs of being a UPS driver doesn't help the stress level either
Not when they up your quotas so much only the young guns can run from the truck to the door and back.....at every stop.

(forgets, I'm the younger one here!)

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don't salt...unless it is potatoes.

My problem with sodium lies in processed food.......HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

Bake at home frozen pizza, big name brand, "not delivery"......800 mg of salt per serving. So if I ate 1/2 the pizza, that would be one days allowance of sodium.

Eating cheap is not good.
Eating good is not cheap.

Excellent Quote!

The sodium will kill you if you don't watch out for it. One of my favorites, Taco Bell Mucho Grande Nachos has 2670 mgs of salt. Thats enough for a whole week!! Hell, nearly everything I love to eat is bad for me!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not when they up your quotas so much only the young guns can run from the truck to the door and back.....at every stop.

(forgets, I'm the younger one here!)

Yep!
I've got you by a few years Bone. How about you Steve? If I guessed 45 would I be close?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Yep!
I've got you by a few years Bone. How about you Steve? If I guessed 45 would I be close?
BD has 13 years on me, I'm 43!!!!!!

Taco Bell Double Decker Taco's, I used to get three at a time @ .99 each, but they are now 1.79 and I rarely get them. It was Beast Ice + TB DDT's.

Three DDT's has 2460 mg of sodium, then add in 9 packets of sauce, two fire and on hot per DDT.......which now leads to acid reflux issues.

Dammit, three old farts talking trash and I'm the youngest.......HAHAHAHAHA!

Take that DSO!

·
Registered
765 Posts
BD has 13 years on me, I'm 43!!!!!!

Taco Bell Double Decker Taco's, I used to get three at a time @ .99 each, but they are now 1.79 and I rarely get them. It was Beast Ice + TB DDT's.

Three DDT's has 2460 mg of sodium, then add in 9 packets of sauce, two fire and on hot per DDT.......which now leads to acid reflux issues.

Dammit, three old farts talking trash and I'm the youngest.......HAHAHAHAHA!

Take that DSO!
Ain't that something, between the three of us there's a hundred and fifty years of shit talkin', beer drinkin' and car racin'.

And talk about acid reflux....you know you've got a problem when you don't leave your house without your wallet, the car keys and your pack of Tums.

Well I'll be fifty one this coming August, and all I can say is.....man it went by fast!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Tums, can't leave home without them. I may try the once daily pills soon, all this calcium can't be healthy.

The Taco Bell chart still blows me away. They have got to be less healthy than even cigarettes, but god do I love their food!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Tums, can't leave home without them. I may try the once daily pills soon, all this calcium can't be healthy.

The Taco Bell chart still blows me away. They have got to be less healthy than even cigarettes, but god do I love their food!
You need a real scare?????

Look up two DBL CHZ, large fry, large Powerade with refill on McD's.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I won't even walk through the doors of that place, just the smell would be enough to clog my arteries and cause a heart attack!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts