Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas how I can get that crease popped out? It's not ripped or has any holes in it but I'm having a hell of a time reassembling it without pinching it again. I've tried boiling it and sticking it in the oven (even though I already know those temps don't get anywhere near the temp of my exhaust gasses but gotta try something right?) and nothing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Maybe get a new one from tial? Did you have an issue with it leaking? i have to tear mine down and swap springs and clean it up before I put it on the new build. I hope mine goes back together smooth.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
366 Posts
Have you tried pulling it into shape by wrapping it tightly with some tape?
Try something like parcel tape that will disintegrate in use. It should deform it enough to stop the pinching on assembly.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Had this happen.
Had to lift up the part (as if the wg is fully open) then press around it and push it back in.

But in the end if the wg opens when you put pressure on the hole input then your good to go.
A few open and close will roll it back correctly.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I was able to get it with help from a buddy. I couldn't push down on it and push the diaphragm in, because with the actuator all the way down it was flattening out. I put a small object under the plunger, and clamped the flange down on a flat surface so the seal would be pushed up enough to feed the cap over the pinch first and then the unpinched side. It was a pain but it worked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts