Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my car is up and running fine but i get ready to take it out on its 1st ride and let the ebrake down and as soon as i do the temp and fuel gauge shoot up also the caution lights come on and hold... WTF is wrong with my car?? and how do i run the problem down

·
Registered
374 Posts
weird, can you give some more details, like does the car still run and if so does it run fine. and did this occur only when you drop the e brake handle? are you also sure that the button for the hazards is not pressed on and or working.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
do all of the lights and what not turn off and go back to normal when you pull the e-brake, or is it that when you disengaged the e-brake everything went out of wack and never went back to normal?

it sounds like the brake mechanism is hitting a wire or something involved with the gauge cluster (but i'm not exaclty sure how that would be possible, but *shrug*)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ anytime the ebrake is let down shi* goes crazy pull it back up everything is fine.Even thoe sometimes the hazard lights stay on after the car is shut off and there not even blinking they just stay on...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
then i would say the ebrake mechenism is causing some sort of problem, i would start diagnosing there...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts