Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 1994 civic D16Z6 5spd with the Vitara bottom end and stock top end. When i turn the car on it revs up to 4k and stays there. I haven't checked out the ICV and dont know if i have any air leaks. Before it was reving up and down 1k to 3k then i got a new timing belt and now it gos all crazy. Ive timed the car many of times so i know its timed right.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Ya Im gonna whenever i get back to town. Im just gonna take the hole TB off and clean the shit out of it.
I don't think the TB being dirty has anything to do with it unless you installed the butterfly backwards. Either way it wont hurt but you will need a new gasket. best way to check vacuum is to disconnect each hose 1 by 1 and put your finger over the nipple on the intake manifold and see if the problem goes away or not. also unscrew the plate on the back of the FITV (located underneath the throttle body) and tighten the nylon washer inside. The FITV problem is very common I check everyone I come across and apply some thread locker just to be safe.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright tite but im gonna take off the TB so i can get to the FITV easier and yes i will need to get a new tb gasket. Thanks for all the tips man Ill see if it helps this weekend. Ohh and i dont really wanna keep the car running at 4k cause the motor has zero driving miles on it so checking the vac will be hard.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Alright tite but im gonna take off the TB so i can get to the FITV easier and yes i will need to get a new tb gasket. Thanks for all the tips man Ill see if it helps this weekend. Ohh and i dont really wanna keep the car running at 4k cause the motor has zero driving miles on it so checking the vac will be hard.
you can use the smoke trick to check for vacuum leaks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.