Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, my tuner just done a compression calculation for my d16zc (outta DC1 integra SOHC) with y8 head and he came up with 12.5:1...as we know absolutely riduculous for turbo..

so since im running standard internals at the moment im gonna be going forged with vitara pistons and custom rods but i want to know waht is the MAXIMUM psi i can get outta my TD04H-15G as i cannot afford to buy a 19T or td05 at the moment. I wanna have the td04h-15g singing her heart out but not blowing hot air.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
From everything i've read/heard 15 or 16psi is the top of the 15g's efficiency range although there was a guy that was spinning his to 20 or something ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I suspect that your tuner thinks that you have DOHC ZC pistons, which would explain why he thinks the CR is so high.

So to clarify, you have a stock SOHC D16ZC bottom end with a D16Y8 head on it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suspect that your tuner thinks that you have DOHC ZC pistons, which would explain why he thinks the CR is so high.

So to clarify, you have a stock SOHC D16ZC bottom end with a D16Y8 head on it?
no man was up at my tuner today talking about the build and he knows its a SOHC. y8 head is not yet fitted, i was going to fit it on stand internals but CR would be too high now so now have to forge in order to lower CR.

as i said i dont have the cash to go bigger turbo but although the 15g run outta steam circa 6500rpm, i reckon id have a fairly fast street machine boosting 14 psi if she can do that as shes only boosting 7psi at the moment and punching well above her weight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
running 12.5:1 is not ridiculous while running boost as long as you are running c16.

any idea what the stamping number is on the pistons?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
running 12.5:1 is not ridiculous while running boost as long as you are running c16.

any idea what the stamping number is on the pistons?

have no idea what number is on the pistons as havent gone into the disassembly yet. i thought 9:1 is the optimum CR.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
no man was up at my tuner today talking about the build and he knows its a SOHC. y8 head is not yet fitted, i was going to fit it on stand internals but CR would be too high now so now have to forge in order to lower CR.

as i said i dont have the cash to go bigger turbo but although the 15g run outta steam circa 6500rpm, i reckon id have a fairly fast street machine boosting 14 psi if she can do that as shes only boosting 7psi at the moment and punching well above her weight.
Youre not fucking listening to me.
WHAT PISTONS ARE IN THE BOTTOM END?

Unless you have DOHC ZC pistons or aftermarket high compression pistons, your CR is not that high.
Im pretty sure your tuner went on zeal autoworks and for pistons he clicked the "PM7 ZC" box, which is for a DOHC ZC. The SOHC ZC is not listed.

The stock pistons in your SOHC ZC should be just like the pistons in a D16A6, which means your CR is 10.0:1-10.5:1, depending on the head gasket.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Youre not fucking listening to me.
WHAT PISTONS ARE IN THE BOTTOM END?

Unless you have DOHC ZC pistons or aftermarket high compression pistons, your CR is not that high.
Im pretty sure your tuner went on zeal autoworks and for pistons he clicked the "PM7 ZC" box, which is for a DOHC ZC. The SOHC ZC is not listed.

The stock pistons in your SOHC ZC should be just like the pistons in a D16A6, which means your CR is 10.0:1-10.5:1, depending on the head gasket.

:) no need ta get stressed out and get thick i was well aware with what you said and obviously with what pistons you were talking about, but you gave me a vital piece of information on what could have led to the high calculation.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Yes.
You dont want your tuner giving you some ultra conservative tune because he thinks your CR is mega high.
10:1 is a great CR for boost, and Im pretty sure that is what youre running. When you go to swap the head you will know for sure, just look at the code on the piston.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes.
You dont want your tuner giving you some ultra conservative tune because he thinks your CR is mega high.
10:1 is a great CR for boost, and Im pretty sure that is what youre running. When you go to swap the head you will know for sure, just look at the code on the piston.
and i appreciate the help:8:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Look up a build thread by a guy with a screen name of something like DILYSIDave.
aka the Snot Rocket, now running my ported head and a custom geared tranny I built, new owner LOVES the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts