Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i removed the crankshaft pulley bolt to do timing belt etc. when i removed the bolt it had been rethreaded had a look at the crank where the bolt go's into and the crank is also rethreaded is they anyway i can fix this. i have tried a new bolt but its rethreaded that aswell.

could i have a new thread put in it and use a smaller bolt

thanks

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Are you saying the bolt/hole is stripped?

·
Registered
95 accord/87 ACCORD
491 Posts
What is wrong with the bolt that you pulled out?
Will it not go back in and torque down to spec?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bolt that holds the pulley it gos in to the crank. the bolt was stripped so was the crank where the bolt gos into i did get a new bolt but had no luck and it stripped the new bolt aswell.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is wrong with the bolt that you pulled out?
Will it not go back in and torque down to spec?
the bolt i pulled out was stripped so replaced it with a new one and it stripped that aswell. where the bolt go's to hold the pulley into the crank is also stripped the hole of the crank.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get a tap and see if you can "clean" up the threads in the crank.
i did clean it it but when i put the new bolt in it has lost all the threads on the crank and now is smooth

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Get a tap, some tapping fluid, and a tap handle. Attempt to clean up the threads. Or, go through the hassle of pulling the crank, taking it to a machine shop, seeing if they can fix it, paying them to fix it, reinstall the crank, and hoping that works, or, ust swapping in another engine.

·
11,892 Posts
i did clean it it but when i put the new bolt in it has lost all the threads on the crank and now is smooth
So you tried to re-tap the hole?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get a tap, some tapping fluid, and a tap handle. Attempt to clean up the threads. Or, go through the hassle of pulling the crank, taking it to a machine shop, seeing if they can fix it, paying them to fix it, reinstall the crank, and hoping that works, or, ust swapping in another engine.
basically the crank needs a new thread put in it if i have a new thread put in would it be safe to use a different bolt

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am gonna take it to have it re-tap in the morning so will no if i can have it done

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
if worst comes to worst just get yourself a new bottom end. this happened to my sisters car...except the bolt snapped!

it took me forever to get it out! it was never the same agian.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am gonna take it to have it re-tap in the morning so will no if i can have it done

·
Registered
95 accord/87 ACCORD
491 Posts
I dont know if they make helicoils that big or not but that might work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if i cant fix the problem then best bet would be to change the bottom end on it. it is a jdm eg4 d15b vtec that i have so would a d16z6 bottom end be ok to use.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
if worst comes to worst just get yourself a new bottom end. this happened to my sisters car...except the bolt snapped!

it took me forever to get it out! it was never the same agian.
What do you mean it was never the same again? my f22 i got has bolt snapped off into crANk also..i was just gonna drop her by my machine shop...

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
replace the bottom end my ass.. its called helicoil. works wonders. and you keep the same sized bolt

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
replace the bottom end my ass.. its called helicoil. works wonders. and you keep the same sized bolt
lol. anyone no what size helicoil i need so i can get it

thanks

1 - 20 of 35 Posts