Honda D Series Forum banner

crankshaft

3K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  HiProfile 
#1 ·
Ok so some of you know im doing a vitara build, Basicly The y8 block i have crankshaft is bad, the journals on cylinder 3 cannot even be machined, I have acess to a free d16a6 crank in good shape. Can i use this crank for my build ??? will the crank pullely and all the bearings (rods, Mains) work. Thanks for your help

#2 ·
Dang no one knows about d crankshafts ???

#3 ·
Bearings are all the same, but the oil pump is differant.

#4 ·
Just be sure to measure your clearances. Can you get the girdle from the A6 crank?

#5 ·
yea i could get the girdle too, what would i do about the oil pump

#6 ·
HHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP a brother out

#8 ·
so ummm what exactly are you telling me??If i get the crank and the girtle will it fit

#11 ·
will i need a6 oil pan

#14 ·
Well im not going to lie i dont know what allign bore is, but i am getting the block bored and the guy said he wanted the girdle which i do have with pickup as well. I just got the blockguard tig welded in and i am getting the block decked and bored at the same time. Any thoughts on the oil pan ??

#15 ·
We know you dont know Sh*t... You prove that everyday.... GTFO

#23 · (Edited)
I appears bad info isn't just in the old posts.

It's not a great idea to mix & match girdles between blocks. Even with Honda's precision, there will most likely be some bearing journals out of round. You can get it align-bored to fix the problem, but most Honda blocks that get the crank journals machined like to shatter oil pump gears. Another aspect is switching from A6 to Y8 parts - most A6's use steel caps w/alum girdle while the Y8 all-aluminum girdle with the caps machined as a part of it. I'd pick steel for mains any day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.