Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so some of you know im doing a vitara build, Basicly The y8 block i have crankshaft is bad, the journals on cylinder 3 cannot even be machined, I have acess to a free d16a6 crank in good shape. Can i use this crank for my build ??? will the crank pullely and all the bearings (rods, Mains) work. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dang no one knows about d crankshafts ???

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Bearings are all the same, but the oil pump is differant.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Just be sure to measure your clearances. Can you get the girdle from the A6 crank?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i could get the girdle too, what would i do about the oil pump

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP a brother out

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so ummm what exactly are you telling me??If i get the crank and the girtle will it fit

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
might b easier to just find a new block

sometimes people just give em away

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will i need a6 oil pan

·
Registered
766 Posts
Just be sure to measure your clearances. Can you get the girdle from the A6 crank?
I've always been under the impression that you should always keep the block and girdle a match pair because they were machined together, and that the crank is "interchangeable"

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well im not going to lie i dont know what allign bore is, but i am getting the block bored and the guy said he wanted the girdle which i do have with pickup as well. I just got the blockguard tig welded in and i am getting the block decked and bored at the same time. Any thoughts on the oil pan ??

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
We know you dont know Sh*t... You prove that everyday.... GTFO

·
Registered
1 Posts
you can use a y8 oil pump and pick up and the y8 oil pan and the y8 griddle has bigger oil holes in itand lighter and it can be done because im using it in my car right now. I have a y8 head a6 block , a6 crank y8 griddle and y8 oil pump with a y8 oil pan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts