Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm gettin a spare engine to tinker with and it apparently has some crank trouble. Just wandering what all would be involved in rectifying this little issue. I'll be taking the whole thing apart, so getting to it won't be an issue. I'm guessing if it's knocking then the retainers (or whatever they're called) have worn down and need to be replaced. I guess all i need is a best and worst case scenario. So have at it guys. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Well 90% probability is its got a bad rod bearing. If thats the case then get another crank because turning them is mostlikely not an option as Honda doesn't offer you an oversized bearing option. You can get away with doing a micropolish to get rid of some scratches but anything deeper and the crank is junk.

·
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So if it looks bad just replace the whole crank and bearings? That shouldn't be hard (or expensive) since i'll have a donor engine that I can pick off of. Thanks for the help.

One more thing before I forget. Where do you guys buy most of your engine bits from? I suspect that most come from the dealer, but some components may be harder to find that others.

A

·
0 Posts
FooSchnickens said:
So if it looks bad just replace the whole crank and bearings? That shouldn't be hard (or expensive) since i'll have a donor engine that I can pick off of. Thanks for the help.

One more thing before I forget. Where do you guys buy most of your engine bits from? I suspect that most come from the dealer, but some components may be harder to find that others.
ebay, the for sale forum or a junk yard, or find someone to rip off a car. lol

·
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I figured. :lol: Guess it's back to my usual methods of part hunting. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts