Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i fumble with my engine...

whats does the crankshaft speed fluctuation sensor do?

how does it obtain its reading?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if this wasnt working correctly would it prevent the car from getting spark?

my car wont start...running out of ideas...

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
looks like you gotta replace it... might as well do the timing belt while your down there

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
timing belt, head gasket, water pump, intake manifold gasket, oil change, coolant change, one set of helicoils, coolant temp sensor control, new head bolts, new power steering pump and alternator belts...

done...

i need this damn thing to start...

i am tired of driving a 1983 2.8L chevy blazer...

·
Registered
90 civic hatch
86 Posts
look for the wires cut by the alt belt. wires for ckp are rather run in a rather dangerous way from the factory, and if you're not uber careful when you do a timing belt, they'll end up rubbing on the alt belt

·
Registered
90 civic hatch
86 Posts
Although it's worth mentioning that your car should start even if the ckp's toasted. I think the no-start lies with another issue. You said it's got no spark?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cervan and i both went over the car...we are stumped...

the engine threw CEL 54...we disconnected it...

i think i am going to go buy a dizzy and try that next...if not...i can return it...

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
no spark... hmmm i was gonna say timing, but it would still spark... have you checked the fuses and made sure you connected the ground wire on the t-state housing?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
the engine threw CEL 54...we disconnected it...

i think i am going to go buy a dizzy and try that next...if not...i can return it...
careful, returns on installed electrical parts can be tricky.... use lots of brake clean and plastic washers to avoid marring the dizzy. hehe

1 - 20 of 41 Posts