Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....so i have my block totally pulled apart, except for the crakshaft, rods, and pistons. i want to keep it all together to pull. i have the flywheel and crankpulley off but im wondering what else needs to be pulled off, and if theres any links.

·
Registered
a car
1,461 Posts
if your talking about what i think then just remove the main girdle so the crank can drop out. everything should pull out, but im not 100% on that.

also i dont know but if the d series has oil squirters below the piston on the block it wont work. youll have to remove the rod caps and pull the pistons from the top

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
if your talking about what i think then just remove the main girdle so the crank can drop out. everything should pull out, but im not 100% on that.

also i dont know but if the d series has oil squirters below the piston on the block it wont work. youll have to remove the rod caps and pull the pistons from the top
Oil squirters or not.....they can't come out the bottom. And a d doesn't have these fyi.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Links? If you need links to disassemble a motor we've got a problem here! LOL

Remove pan, remove rear main assembly thingie, oil pump, girdle, rod caps, and pull the crank.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok got the rods and pistons pulled but still no crankshaft pop.
do i have to pull the crank gear off the shaft? and if so....how do i go about doing thus?

the whole point is the block is getting honed, sleeved, decked, and then finally hot-tanked.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^You mean the crankshaft sprocket? If that's still on there I'd imagine than that the rear main holder and the oil pump is still in place.

This earlier post of mine needs to be followed : Remove pan, remove rear main assembly thingie, crankshaft sprocket, oil pump, girdle, rod caps, and pull the crank.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i definetly have pulled everything out of the block. just the crankshaft and the part against the backside of there the crank sprocket is....where philipshead screws are located.....does that plate have to come off?

or does the sprocket come off too? and if so how do i get it off? prybar?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
If the timing gear is still on the crank, that means your oil pump is still bolted to the block...and the crank snout goes THROUGH the oil pump.

Make sure the rear main seal housing is removed, as well as the oil pump. If your girdle/rods are removed the crank should come out.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
what do you mean you cant get enough leverage?? undo the 10mm bolts that surround the oil pump and rear main housings... take a tiny screwdriver and work both sides and it will come right off.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
WTF? You just might be...

You need to pull the pulley off, then the gear, then the pump. The pulley will come off with some wiggling and persistence. Sometimes a rubber mallet is good persuasion. The gear should slide right off afterwards, and the take the 10mm bolts out of the oil pump, and pry it off gently.

·
Registered
431 Posts
make sure to get a drawing of your bottom end to make
things clear for you. klickedy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts