Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my crank micro-polished and cleaned. The machine shop removed the "balls" and cleaned the oil gallery. Should I double check to see if there is any crap in there or can I run it as is? Just worried that shavings or whatever might still be within the oil holes.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
why would you EVER question the need to inspect parts?

check that shit out man!!!

worry free is how motors should ALWAYS be. better to potentially use up time rather then spend time down the road fixing an issue that was preventable

·
Registered
55 Posts

worry free is how motors should ALWAYS be. better to potentially use up time rather then spend time down the road fixing an issue that was preventable
+1

ALWAYS clean everything spotless when putting an engine together, no exceptions!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Should I just unscrew the hex bolts that was tapped in place of the balls and run something in there? Never had a crank polished before.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
when they drilled the oil passeges honda pressed balls into where the made holes to seal it up

clean it if you have doubt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts