Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooo i was looking around for bisi parts and came across this term crankshaft offset grinding, did a lil research and what not... What do you all know about this? I kind of dont understand how that works...

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
offset grinding is putting the crank on a lathe and reducing the rod journal by grinding it on a new center.

Draw a circle then draw a smaller circle inside the first one with a part of it barely touching the outside circle.

Its a basic concept but you have to use a smaller rod end obviously.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i understand 100% now. seems pretty cool. but how does it work for destroking? i dont get that part yet. haha

·
Registered
391 Posts
works for stroking and de-stroking
Alot of people do this to f22 cranks to utilize gsr rod bearings
You can also increase the stroke for a lower revving torque monster
Or de-stroke it to better your r/s ratio to more safely rev your f22 to use better camshaft profiles
Same can be said about offset grinding a d16 crank to utilize d15 rods and +/- stroke
Hope this helps, and sorry I didnt give more info on bisi's forums was in a hurry. That was me who posted that for you lol

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
weld up the journals, the machine them down as needed.

How do you turn a D16 crank with a 90mm stroke in a D15 crank with 80mm stroke????

Offset grinding, like Lopez did for Bisi's D15 that went 10.77 in the 1/4.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
you know bones you amaze me at times with what's rattles up there bettwen those things you call ears...

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hum, got me thinking now.

You can also increase the stroke for a lower revving torque monster
Or de-stroke it to better your r/s ratio to more safely rev your f22 to use better camshaft profiles
Same can be said about offset grinding a d16 crank to utilize d15 rods and +/- stroke
Hope this helps, and sorry I didnt give more info on bisi's forums was in a hurry. That was me who posted that for you lol
haha naw that wasnt me on those forums, i saw that question though while i was looking for info for my build. and yeah i understand it all now, shits pretty cool..now to do some thinking.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
true. it was something i was looking into also. for the use in a f block tho, i was considering the h22 crank vs grinding on the crank. but again, its for a street application. i have always shy'ed away from grinding on a honda crank for the street.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
you know bones you amaze me at times with what's rattles up there bettwen those things you call ears...
The great archiver I am. In my age I might miss some short term memory loss, but the old links stick around.

41 going on 62, please pay attention, this class my not repeat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts