Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Civic
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 civic with d16y7 motor.. cant get the bolt out of the crank pully any ideas dont want to snap it off.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Yup get a breaker bar and the crank pulley holding tool, spray the bolt with some penetration lubricant let it sit for a few min, then it should come loose. If it doesn't then get an impact gun.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
a good qulaity 6 point socket with a long handle for more leverage, or an impact gun with some pb blaster, and go slow with it. be patient if you wrench it. you could also apply some heat to it if needed with a propane torch. the expansion and contraction helps

hope that works

·
Registered
96 Civic
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tryed it with an air impact and electric still wont budge..ill try breaker bar tommarow

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
try a better impact gun, I had a hell of a time trying to get one out by using hand tools. Then I decided to not be lazy and start the compressor, used my IR impact gun and it flew out.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
I have already written up this problem in two threads this year. I can't be bothered doing it a third time. Search.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
I have already written up this problem in two threads this year. I can't be bothered doing it a third time. Search.
I was thinking the same thing. I could have SWORE on a stack of bibles that I answered this question IN DEPTH with pictures and links and EVERYTHING somewhere in the n00b forum.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts