Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Fo Do' DX daily
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some trouble with one of my windows in my ek sedan. Window is hard to roll up and down without holding and guiding it from the top. Is this something I could fix? Any info is appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
mine is the same way. you can remove the door panel and re-seat the window. this happeneds when someone tries to jack your car or pulls at the window or you had to jimmy it due to lock out.

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
mine did that for a while until the regulator blew apart.
i think i paid 60 for a new one (manual)
Mine too. IT was a bad window regulator. Apparently they had a bad batch of these and replaced it with a new part/supplier or something. Has worked great since.

For $60 for a new one, man that musta been awhile ago! lol

My damn window use to come off track alot, I would always reinstall it and noticed it would stay on if I didnt bring it down all the way. That got old after about 20 times, so I broke down and replaced the damn piece. My ex's car had the same issue too. -Hers was under warrranty at the time though. Lucky one.

Oh and it could not hurt at all to spray some silicone spray on the tracks of your windows too!!

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
I just shut my Driver Side Window all the Way up and haven't messed with it since.

99EJ6T is right, it happens when they try to Pull your Window out of the Seals. With time they tend to get off track.

With your Door Panel out the way, looks at Both Sides Inside of the Door. Hit your Switch up and down and you'll see where it's out from. You might have to unbolt the Tracks and put the Glass Rollers in place and then Bolt it back up. Use a 10mm Socket.

Report Back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts