Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
That bolt is one of those where you just set the impact to full and hammer on it for a few seconds. There's no torque wrench that goes that high, or if there is, you don't have it. Trust me. I use the torque wrench on everything. I have two. But the crank pulley bolt and a lot of the hardcore suspension bolts just need to be tight.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,663 Posts
That bolt is one of those where you just set the impact to full and hammer on it for a few seconds. There's no torque wrench that goes that high, or if there is, you don't have it. Trust me. I use the torque wrench on everything. I have two. But the crank pulley bolt and a lot of the hardcore suspension bolts just need to be tight.
No need to wail away on the bolt with an impact hammer.

The torque on a D16Y8 crank pulley bolt is only 134ft-lbs which can't be much different than the D15B. There's no problem finding a torque wrench for that since 250ft-lb torque wrenches are common (available at Sears). Using that, proper lubrication, and this tool should do the job if you have enough muscle.

BTW - just curious to know what suspension bolts you think need to be so wicked tight. Even the spindle nut is only 134ft-lbs.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Sounds like you just like overtightening things...:hammer:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I dont remember exactly but in the helm, for my Y7, it said to tight to XX torque(I done it with my 0-100 lb Torque wrench) and after to do a 90* turn....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts