Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so just plastigaged my mains and these are the results.
1-.002
2-.003
3-.003
4-.002
5-.002

im using acl std size bearings to. i torqued the girdle in two staged. first 18pounds starting center and working out then to 38 starting center and working out.
if these clearances are to tight what do i do?
or am i just doing something wrong?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Did you plastiguage crank to bearing, or bearing to girdle?
If you have clearance between the bearing and girdle, then there is absolutely no bearing crush. Not good.

I ASSume you mean between the crank and the bearing on the girdle half?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Mine were about that loose, with acl race bearings. I ran it Got 6000km on it making near 350whp. Makes great oil pressure, 25psi hot idle, 75-80psi 7500rpm. I run Brad penn 20w50 oil however.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so after some research im prob going with king bearings in std sizing. so far everything i read about king is good.
also after build i do plan on driving the car alot and its being built to be boosted in case that changes anything. power wise i want to be mid 300.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so whats wrong with running the acl race? obviously they work...why would the OP need to get diff bearings?
i think my main problem is that acl race is too loose for what im using it for. if i was building this engine for drag racing or track racing i would keep these since its a little looser fitting but since im using this as a street car and drive it 2-3 days a week i need tighter tolerances like .0015

1 - 20 of 40 Posts