Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
00 accord v6
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:I did search...before you guys start flaming....
Its a d15b2 of a 90 crx dx i can't get that freakin bolt off... i am going to try again tomorrow..i have already tried the impact gun... a 5 feet extension bar...thats right five feet...took it off a fence...i am going to try heating it see if that works....this is the only thing stoping me from finishing my timing belt.... thanks in advance...:confused:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
what kind of gun/how much psi are you using. Get in there with a deep socket and no extension and a good gun will get it off. What were you using to hold the pulley from spinning when you used the long bar?

·
Registered
00 accord v6
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a snap-on gun .. no extension..i was using a thick flathead throught the flywheel...then i used the 5 foot extension on a 1/2 inch wrench...

·
Registered
00 accord v6
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know this was discussed many times... this is the first time this has happened to me ... never happend on my ek .......

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
pb blaster a 18in breaker bar and my 280 lb. friend did the trick...

took us 2 days, 2 broken ratchets, and a unknown number of broken extensions.

i feel your pain man...

sorry this isnt much help.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
if it wasn't a 1.5 i was going to suggest getting this it would help alot

·
Registered
00 accord v6
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'll try that..... now i need to find a 280lb friend...hmmmmmmm maybe i can ask my aunt for her help shes almost 280 hahahaha jk...

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
ya man mine was a pain in the butt too, i had my z6 on a stand when i did it though so that made things a little easier. it took 2 days, half a can of pb blaster (its good to let it all soak in), and 15-20 hits (30secs each time) with my electric impact (250ft/lbs) to get it off.
man when it did happen i was pretty stoked lol. sorry no real advice, just keep at it, should break free sooner or later. good luck to ya!

·
Registered
00 civic
371 Posts
your problem is the extension it takes so much away from it. just get a 17mm 1/2 sockt and a 1/2 ratchet extension bar and presto it comes off.

·
Registered
00 accord v6
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the advise.. i am going to give it another try worst come to worst i will try heating it...

·
Registered
00 accord v6
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh damn that bolt broke my new craftsman 1/2 inch wrench...my compressor gave out on me it started to smoke......went at it all day... oh well tomorrow is another day............

·
Registered
00 accord v6
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
boooooooooyah i got it out..... all it took was a little heat and a sledge hammer and a 6 point socket on a 1/2 inch wrench.. will finish it up.. thanks again fellow D-series...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts