Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first off i have an 88 si motor with the 22mm crank snout . now ive lost the crank pulley and im trying to buy just a oem replacement and my dealership is telling me the whole 22mm crank doesnt exsist..... i even tryed majestic honda online and they told me the same thing. they sent me one pulley that fit the crank but it was a dx pulley. then they send me the si crank pulley that has the 24mm hole. but they siad there no such thing as a different size crank snout:evil: . so if anyone has a way of finding out part numbers or knows of a 22mm crank pulley . id like to get a part number to take to the dealership but if not if some one has one ill pay decent money for it.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Why couldnt you use the Dx pulley they sent you? Just curious.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just wanted to keep the original pulley on the motor cause of all the myths of the light crank pulleys but it looks like im ordering one anyway.

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
from my knowledge, the 22mm snout was a carryover from the 86-87 EW motors. Might wanna see if a EW pulley will fit. www.redpepperracing.com might be of help. Just mention "Bone" sent you...........

DX pulley on a EX motor, 10k miles your mains bearings are GONE.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
so you would never change the pulley? I wanna install the d13b2 pulley(wihout powersteering) in my d16a6 block, is it an good idea?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
transzex said:
why? not gonna do other than clean up the engine a little.
is it not good to have an lighter pulley?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
8-9 oz of the pulley, near crank centerline, or 6 lbs off the flywheel 5" off the crank centerline.............

1 - 14 of 14 Posts