Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am having a chattering noise that sounds low like the serpintine crank pulley... when i rev the motor the pulley moves away from the motor about an 1/16 of an inch...
i can also move the pulley with a flat head screw driver about an 1/8th of an inch using the a/c pulley as leverage...
is it supposed to move?

the chattering sounded like a water pump, and i stumbled across the crank pulley movement while looking for the source of the noise.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Yikes. Some movement of the crank IS normal but you would need to guage it to determine if it is within specs. First thing that comes to mind is the main bearing thrust washers. Are you sure it isnt a lower end rod knock type noise?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i feel like it is the pulley moving separate from the crank.. but i am
not sure... but the bottom gear for the timing belt is not moving out with it
as seen in these pics

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that guys car is sooo rice.

i bet he gained a lot of hp and tq from those kool blue wire covers...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually i saw more hp gains with the stickers...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so let me get this straight...
stickers add horsepower
wire covers add not quite as much
and a painted valve cover will give me how much would u say? ive already got a sound system so there is about 40 hp added on.... im on my way to autozone and advance autoparts to get every flippin sticker they have... 200 whp here i come

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, their dyno proven.... well g-tech dyno anyway.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey i just bought some calliper paint, i figure with all this hp... i really need the extra stopping power of the red callipers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts