Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is helping me assemble my motor and we're having problems with the crank. This is a ZC block. We've installed the main bearings and thrust bearings and everytime we do the final torque down at 49ft-lbs, it seems to be too tight. You can spin the crank freely but as soon as you stop and try to spin it again it gets stuck and requires a decent amount of force to get it to turn again. But once it spins it's fine, it's when u stop and try to go again that's causing us problems. Any ideas or thoughts. All the bearings have been well lubricated as well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured since it spun nice at 40. But we found some specs for the block and it said 47ft-lbs and it was photocopied out of a book. I just want to make sure so stuff doesn't go flying off because i didn't torque things properly.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
contact the guy who started the other thread. he got the right info on the tq spec. iirc it is 43 lbs, but i could be wrong. he is currently driving his with no issues.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
there is mis-information on the net saying the tq spec is 49 ft.lbs. so when you tq it down, the crank hangs up on the bearings. iirc its like 43 ft.lbs. but i can't find the info anymore.

btw: the info started on HT....how ironic.:rolleyes:

edit: there are now three active threads in this forum, that all deal with the tq spec on ZC motors. all the motors are the sohc type, but the third thread is in the dohc section. maybe there is some confusion on the net....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts