Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i recently built a d16a6 with p29 pistons. But later on down the road a head stud was striped and i cant seem to get anybody around this area to fix it for me. And my question is would everything in the a6 block ex. crank bearings rods fit directly into my z6 block?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yep, it all swaps. I'm suprised you can't find a place that will heli-coil it for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
if you indeed have head "studs" all you got to do is remove and replace it

if you have bolts instead and have stripped a hole you can fix it yourself

auto zone sells the OEM brand thread insert / repair kits, these are comparable to the name brand "heli coil" stuff..... I use them all the time and vouch for the quality and ease of use..........they include good instructions and if followed will produce a threaded hole that is stronger than original in both torque out and pull out strengh...........just be sure to use oil when using the supplied tap and clean the tap often.......for a head bolt hole It will probably take two inserts due to the depth of the hole

hope this information is of some use to someone

·
Registered
936 Posts
thank u guys....i'll try and repair it myself since no shop around here was able to fix it beacuase they all said that "the hole was to deep"...and im like "come on...ur supposed to fix this stuff...thats why ur a shop." so this thread inssert stuff....would u happen to know what size?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts