Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everyone out there be care since there is scams going around.
Im pretty sure you all know that. I know that my girl knows that my mother in law etc....

but my mom on the other hand does not.

Today she told me she got a part time job being a assistant.
She said that the guy is out of town alot and needs someone to send packages and check mail.

I told her that sounds like a scam.

Her no no i found i on craigslist.
Me uh huh scam.
Her no he sent me a money order already. I just gotta hold on to it. Im
suppose to cash it and take care of his business.
ME uh huh scam but do what what you.
Her boy you dont know he could be a rich guy. He says he leaves in FL but is
on business in d-u-b-a-i. And you thinking its a scam dont be asking for
money when im bring it in. thats $300 a week.
Me uh huh dubai as in Arab. Yea thats a scam.
Her *shows me the money order
Me yea that strip is isnt shining It looks like glue on sliver paper
Her no it looks real to me i held it to the light and it looks good.
Me uh huh, just over here pissing in the wind
Her what
Me nothing if you think its real call the postoffice
Her hummm idk ...... whats the number
Me blahhhhh

10mins later

Her Yep i called and gave them the number and they said its not in there system and its fake. Then she ask if i was a store. And that alot have been going around.

So then she ask me how do they get anything out of this.

Then i told her that after she put it in her bank that the guy would ask for money or for her to buy and mail something to him. Then her bank would see that it is fake and charge her. OR throw her in jail.

So watch out and why the hell did it take this long to get some sense into her?
Like really in real life it took about 1hr and half. I know because i was watching tv , well trying to and counted.

but yea i know all of you are smart but check up on your moms and grandmas or people you think are the smartest.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
seriously, scam checklist:

does it involve a money order? yes? okay it's a scam no need to go any further.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seriously, scam checklist:

does it involve a money order? yes? okay it's a scam no need to go any further.
yea trying talking to her about that.
Its like shes so hard head its like mining. Gotta keep at it till i break some rocks.

MY grandma also also most got scam awhile back. These people called her and left a message saying call back that it was important or something like that. When she called back it was a robot asking for her credit card numbers to verify her account.

She called me and ask me about that and i told her no dont do that.
And she said yea i figured that, why the hell would they need my card number. I wish i could call them and cuss them out.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I've actually not been in craigslist since like forever, I've lost hope with it. I found myself shopping parts on facebook groups and dso lately.

Last time i tried to sell a lens on craigslist all offers i got was send offs and money orders, I just laughed and told them i work for FBI and i will need to run their numbers before we can do any deal. Haha. Most of the time they won't reply, and if they do it says "fuck you" hahaha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Craigslist isn't what it used to be. Now there's scams left and right, more and more dealers are selling "by owner", and I have to bring a friend with me to buy shit cause you never know with these people. My buddy got screwed by one of these "job" scams before, again confirming my loss of hope for society. smh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts