Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok a cpl quick pics its late and i am tired.. finished this last night but i really need to degrease the bay and scrub it down throughly, i will probley do that this weekend and detail the whole car and get some real pics, well atleast somthing other then these B.S. blurry pics .. but you get the idea.

where i started at

swapped in the B16 and tuck'd the passenger side first ..(battery relocation started the madness)

working on the driver side tuck

and the finished product minus cleaning

sorry blurry

finish product

like i said better daytime pics will be this weekend .. with new interior shots and some new exterior mod shots.

thanks chris

Reactions: EJ1 SCRAPPIN

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
clean e-bay :TU: that air filter has seen better days tho, lol
yes i agree, the whole intake assembly has now been on 5 different motors in 2 different cars. lol

i am debating on getting a newer intake , but i am not sure this one works but its actually a d-series one and the pipeing is 2/2.5 vs the 2.5/3 for the bseries throttle bodies. I just used a small to large coupler to make it work lol.

going to stay with the short ram style no matter what i live in MO and with the radom rain we get here a CAI would not work for me.

thanks for the good words

chris

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
yes i agree, the whole intake assembly has now been on 5 different motors in 2 different cars. lol

i am debating on getting a newer intake , but i am not sure this one works but its actually a d-series one and the pipeing is 2/2.5 vs the 2.5/3 for the bseries throttle bodies. I just used a small to large coupler to make it work lol.
i'd go for the larger pipe diameter; its cheap and you shold keep the piping the same diameter as the TB. Definatly get a new filter tho, haha (AEM dryflow is nice, and you can get em cheap on eBay)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks great... Good clean swap without any extra junk.. I like the filter it adds character kind like it is "experienced" I would get the new intake though just to match the throttle body.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You even tucked the D-series?? the bay looks good.
hell yea i tuck the D, this was my first tuck on my z6/y8 crx si

chris

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great... Good clean swap without any extra junk.. I like the filter it adds character kind like it is "experienced" I would get the new intake though just to match the throttle body.
yes i have alot of cosmetic things to still do to the engine compartment, touch up paint, paint the VC, new brake fluid sock the mugen one is old and has been washed way too many times, i need to paint the motor mounts, re spray the radiator with new paint, upgrade the plug wires,air intake, intake manifold, and various other things to make stand out a little more.

But i am not really sure how much further with this car i am going to go, i just bought a eg6 thats going to be getting similar treatment as this car..

chris

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey workinprog clean out your pms.

chris

Reactions: workinprog

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts