Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today, I was tryining to street tune the car with the new injectors and turbo, but one coupler was popping out, the last time that pop out , it pop so hard the broke my defense, :ugh:

Time to bead roll the piping.!!!

it is too much difference on cfm between my old 50 trim, vs. the sc60 ???

I´m asking this because, with the 50 trim this never happend, and I´m running the same 17 psi of boost.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I´m using t-bolt clamps.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
i doubt it hes runnin 11's

that'd be cool if he was usin worm clamps and runnin 11's tho lol
acually it isnt hard... i have maybe 2 tbolt clamps, the rest are cheapys.. wouldnt recommend it, but its working for me... im redoing alot of stuff this winter though...

and to answer your question, 17psi on the new turbo and 17psi on the old turbo are uncomparable... the bigger turbo will put out more cfm's per the same pressure as your old one... its not a coincidence, its just your turbo is putting out more cfm's...

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, I´ll try to fix this up, this week, we just have two events to finish the season, next sunday and the last one the 2nd week of december

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
try spraying some hairspray on the piping then putting it on... that usually helps out. ifnot bead rolling is next or welding the pipe

yes.. hairspray held my mnon bead rolled piping together under 27 psi :O

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
acually it isnt hard... i have maybe 2 tbolt clamps, the rest are cheapys.. wouldnt recommend it, but its working for me... im redoing alot of stuff this winter though...

and to answer your question, 17psi on the new turbo and 17psi on the old turbo are uncomparable... the bigger turbo will put out more cfm's per the same pressure as your old one... its not a coincidence, its just your turbo is putting out more cfm's...
i understand that..but how can it flowing more air make it blow the charge pipe? its still the same psi....

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
i understand that..but how can it flowing more air make it blow the charge pipe? its still the same psi....
psi means nothing... CFM does ;-) psi is just a number

t3 43trim at 20 psi will make 220hp
t3t4 57trim at 20 psi will make 375hp..

now which one is putting out more cfm's at the same given psi,..

·
Registered
40 Posts
cowinsadince?

Lmao!.. sorry. :whistling:

But yes as boostfreak said, a larger turbo will flow more air than a smaller one even at the same psi. Another example:

.50 trim @ 18 psi = 300whp.
.57 trim @ 14 psi = 300whp.

(^Just an example^)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts