Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

im in the process of building a d16 that can reliably make about 300hp. i plan on running the 75.5 vitaras and fjt rod combo (runs about $450 for the set). anyways i had some questions on some aspects of the build and i was wondering if you guys could help a brother out.

bearings:
which ones to get? oem honda, acl, or clevite77? i heard oem is nice if you want to build an engine to oem specs but is one option better than the others?

wastegates:
in regards to the turbo i want, i narrowed it down to a 57 or 60 trim. but is it more beneficial to run a turbo with an internal or external wastegate? i know externals can run into problems with boost creep but on the other hand i hear the internally gated box thingy on the turbo is quite flimsy and weak. opinions on this?

accessories:
since ill be getting a new oil and water pump, wheres the best place to buy these parts from? i hear rockauto is nice but i was wondering if you guys had any special go to sites

engine managment:
since im building a y7 i was wondering if i can just run a chipped p06 ecu. also, hondata makes the s300 for the p06 correct?

injectors:
i was looking into buying some rc550 injectors. these clip into the stock harnes correct?

thanks guys!:yes:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
hey guys

im in the process of building a d16 that can reliably make about 300hp. i plan on running the 75.5 vitaras and fjt rod combo (runs about $450 for the set). anyways i had some questions on some aspects of the build and i was wondering if you guys could help a brother out.

bearings:
which ones to get? oem honda, acl, or clevite77? i heard oem is nice if you want to build an engine to oem specs but is one option better than the others?

I think this is really a personal preferance. As long as you measure and check clearances, any bearing should be ok.

wastegates:
in regards to the turbo i want, i narrowed it down to a 57 or 60 trim. but is it more beneficial to run a turbo with an internal or external wastegate? i know externals can run into problems with boost creep but on the other hand i hear the internally gated box thingy on the turbo is quite flimsy and weak. opinions on this?
I would do a little more research on this. Check out other peoples builds and see what they're running. These questions are easily answered with a little searching.
accessories:
since ill be getting a new oil and water pump, wheres the best place to buy these parts from? i hear rockauto is nice but i was wondering if you guys had any special go to sites
majestic honda or Hondapartsdeals.com are 2 good sites to get oem parts from. Majestic honda prices seem to have gone up a little though.

engine managment:
since im building a y7 i was wondering if i can just run a chipped p06 ecu. also, hondata makes the s300 for the p06 correct?
You have quite a few options with the P06 ECU. Check out the Engine management forum. There's ECtune, Hondata, Crome, and more. I suggest finding a good local tuner and find out what they prefer to use.
injectors:
i was looking into buying some rc550 injectors. these clip into the stock harnes correct? Yes

thanks guys!:yes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
on the bearings if you got the money get plastigauge, and spec them and get the clearance you want and get the according oem honda color or get acl race bearings which are i think orange or green's not sure.

tial waste gate will be good and cheap (used) just get the proper spring for the amount of boost you want.

oem honda to get the water and oil pump. lol not sure where else you can get them so yeah....

if your car is already obd1 then chipped ecu on chrome or ectune, if newer obd1 convert
it and run a chipped po6

injectors the cheaper the better!!! lol
dsm 450's will be good enough for your goal's?
dont quote me on this though but yeah they usually go for
80 dollars or so.
have fun being boosted =]

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys for the info. in regards to the injectors, i was about to get some dsm 450cc ones but then i would have to fuck with the clips and i hear since theyre high impedance peak hold injectors they run crappy on obd2 cars (mines a 98)

i was thinking of just getting some injectors that fit the factory harness so all i have to do is plug in a conversion harness/obd1 ecu.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
i would HIGHLY HIGHLY recomend eCtune

after running around with crome pro glad i made the switch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts