Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
dont take that to the bank. im now doubting my self. lol and my limited wisdom

dumb ?. is the conversion .020 of an inch converted to mm.?
if so its .020 inch = 0.508 millimeter

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Yes and...

Not "necessary" but it should be done IMO.

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
Where did you buy the HG, is it a OEM. p/n 12251-p08-004.

I just put a OEM HG on our 76mm D16Z6. They fit fine. If you used OEM they are made to cover the largest bore the block will except. Honda only makes one p/n. One size fit's all.

Balancing is a matter of RPM you plan to spin. A Honda crankshaft is almost perfect from the factory. Long story but trust me on that.

In case you want some back ground on me. My son and I have a 568whp 406ftlbs D16z6 and have run 10.12 shifting at 9300rpm.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you buy the HG, is it a OEM. p/n 12251-p08-004.

I just put a OEM HG on our 76mm D16Z6. They fit fine. If you used OEM they are made to cover the largest bore the block will except. Honda only makes one p/n. One size fit's all.

Balancing is a matter of RPM you plan to spin. A Honda crankshaft is almost perfect from the factory. Long story but trust me on that.

In case you want some back ground on me. My son and I have a 568whp 406ftlbs D16z6 and have run 10.12 shifting at 9300rpm.
yea i met your son at NED 6/23/07
so a felpro hg will fit eh? cool.
i dont need the rotating assembly balanced even if im running eagle h-beams and srp pistons? i wasnt sure if the aftermarket rod/pistons wieghed more than the stockers or not.
thanks,
-jack

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
yea i met your son at NED 6/23/07
so a felpro hg will fit eh? cool.
i dont need the rotating assembly balanced even if im running eagle h-beams and srp pistons? i wasnt sure if the aftermarket rod/pistons wieghed more than the stockers or not.
thanks,
-jack
It has nothing to do with weighing more than the stockers. The purpose is to insure that all rods and pistons weigh the same among other things. And my crank wasn't "perfect" from the factory.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has nothing to do with weighing more than the stockers. The purpose is to insure that all rods and pistons weigh the same among other things. And my crank wasn't "perfect" from the factory.
oh ok, i see.....i think haha

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
Sorry Jack, just got back to this forum and saw your PM. We were at INDY for a race.

Yes you should have the aftermarket parts balanced. The OEM crank is almost perfect.

Most everybody runs a OEM hg. I can't speak for the Felpro. There's a reason most of the racers run OEM or Cometic. I don't know of any racers that run Felpro.

I ran Felpro on my car back in the 70's but that was then and this is now. I wouldn't think of running one on a Honda.

I just re-torqued our ARP studs after a few dyno pulls and 4 passes at INDY. You need to keep after the studs until none of them move.

BTW our best pass was 10.15 at 144mph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts