Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys what would cause the rpm tach to jump up and down when i step on the gas. every time i take off my car feels like it struggles until it reaches 60mph could this be cause of the jumping tach please help the engine is a mini me z6 head b7 block any help would be great thanks

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I'm a total newb, so I'll stick around for the real answer. In the meantime I'll think out loud.

My guess is it's fuel system related. What's the idle like and just what does it drive like after 60?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Igniter or coil, which are inside the dizzy and easy to replace. While messing with it, replace the dizzy o-ring too!

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
could be alot of things...is this a recent mini me? has it done this since the swap? have you checked your compression? How about the fuel pressure?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Igniter or coil, which are inside the dizzy and easy to replace. While messing with it, replace the dizzy o-ring too!
well the dizzy and the o-ring are fairly new about 4months old the o-ring was replaced a month ago. but ill check it out

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a total newb, so I'll stick around for the real answer. In the meantime I'll think out loud.

My guess is it's fuel system related. What's the idle like and just what does it drive like after 60?
well its getting good fuel and all but after 60 it runs good its just from 0-60 when it runs like s***

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
could be alot of things...is this a recent mini me? has it done this since the swap? have you checked your compression? How about the fuel pressure?
well i have not checked the compression! no the mini me is not recent i say about a year old it started doing this about two months ago it was running good a first. fuel pressure is good thanks for your helps guys.... do you guys think it can also be the idle control valve that went bad

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
sounds like your timing might be off. was this set properly when the swap was done?

you could try cleaning the IACV.
is there any web site that will show you how to set the timing i have searched
but the ones i find the pics are blurry and cant really see them.... thanks for the help guys... cleand the IACV and nothing still running the same

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well the timing was off a bit but it still does the same the rpm keeps going up and down what else can it be

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
engine rpms rising and falling at idle usually indicates a vacuum leak....take some carb cleaner and spray it around the intake manifold gasket, and vacuum lines...if the idle suddenly jumps up, you have a leak

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
engine rpms rising and falling at idle usually indicates a vacuum leak....take some carb cleaner and spray it around the intake manifold gasket, and vacuum lines...if the idle suddenly jumps up, you have a leak
thanks bro i thought of that just didnt now how to find the leak... ill try some carb cleaner.... well idle jumps when the car is at a stop and jumps big time when im driving

1 - 19 of 19 Posts