Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 EX coupe
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I need to run new speaker wires as I am positive that mine have a short, and going to a little lower gauge never hurt. So what is the best way to run them in the stock locations. What I though was to secure the end of the new wire to an end of the old one and pull through, but I'm sure someone on here has a better solution.
Secondly, my radio reception is sketchy at best, sometimes it is good others not so good. The head unit has a good ground, I've removed the antenna from the roof and cleaned all the contacts, and the antenna is securely plugged into the receiver. Where should I look to remedy this problem?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
636 Posts
DO NOT USE SMALLER GAUGE WIRE!! you will melt the wire. you can always go larger but never smaller. I just finished my wiring class at U.T.I. and by using smaller gauge u can actually make the wire hot enough to cause an electric fire.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
how would a bigger wire be cause for more heat? if the supply load stays the same?. in theory a smaller wire with the same amount of current/amperage would cause more heat in the wire due to a lack of ... ah shit whats the word.... transference. or conductivity / 0 gauge wire would be better than 14 gauge wire correct?.

·
Registered
636 Posts
sorry when i read the thread i read smaller gauge and thought size not number lol its late at night and i just got out of class so my mind is still in go mode. lol

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
thats real, trying to keep you on your toes thats all :haha:. i started typing all crazy, then i scrolled up to make sure he said smaller 'gauge'. then i continued.

·
Registered
636 Posts
lol yeah 6 hours of info takes a toll on your mind and im only in my second class just finnished it today still got 13 more months

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Secondly, my radio reception is sketchy at best, sometimes it is good others not so good. The head unit has a good ground, I've removed the antenna from the roof and cleaned all the contacts, and the antenna is securely plugged into the receiver. Where should I look to remedy this problem?
Thanks in advance!
WHat year car do you have???? If its a model with the antenna in the back window and if you have a metalized tint on the back window, that is where your reception went.... The metalized film will disrupt the normal signal... Go with an all "Died" film... Make sure that it wont turn purple or fade though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts