Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok few quick questions on the d15b. is the timing belt the same as on a z6?

can u use a p28 ecu on it since it has the three stage vtec? what extra wiring is needed?

Clay

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nvm the 3stage vtec question i found out the one im getting is single stage. but whta about the timing belt?

·
Registered
35 Posts
That im not sure on let me ask a buddy,Because i was gonna put a z6 head on my jdm d15b bottom and i would have to get a z6 belt for it at that point.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah but i wanna use the d15b head too

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok thats cool,Let me see what i can find out,I just had a d15b non vtec in my car and i dont know what timing belt you look for, but ill find out for you.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
JDM D15B VTEC? I've always thought it used the same belt as the D15Z1

The three stage VTEC engine needs it's own ECU to run both VTEC solenoids...the P28, P30...well the "regular" ECUs can only actuate one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think your right on that one,i know the z6 belt isn't the right onem for a fact,But you could also check the teeth on the crank and water pump to find out also.

·
Registered
48 Posts
JDM D15B VTEC? I've always thought it used the same belt as the D15Z1
IIRC that's the one I used. I added the wires for VTEC & used a stock P28. My D15B didn't come with the VTEC pressure switch so I just grounded that wiring to trick the ECU. I eventually switched to a P28 chipped with a P08 map & got better gas milage & the car felt better. GL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts