Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as you can see the oil feed and return are not vertical.. Would it still drain correctly?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NO drain is gravity feed.
if you loosen both sides of the center you can rotate it correctly.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was afraid of that... yeah 2 of the bolts are stripped to get that to rotate. damnit

·
Registered
951 Posts
IM haveing the same problem ,except im trying to put a new centersection with bearings in. Looks like a garret t3 off a saab of valvo.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea. im really annoyed with this turbo project right now

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
try using a torch on the bolt head itself for a few secs, then vice grip it off.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get one of those Berz-o-matic propane torches from Home Depot they work perfect!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill try. have a feelin it wont work. i can tell the owner before me had this problem. then sold me the turbo like this.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
you can put it at an angle but not that extreme. get some vice-grips and get them super tight on the bolts, that should to the trick. once they are loose, might as well take them out and go to your local hardware store and get replacements

damn nice setup BTW!! :TU:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that... :)

Wish people could be honest. "is there anythign wrong with it.. why arent you using it"

Answer: Just upgrading to a larger turbo..

buncha bs..

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you remove the bolt heads witha grinder you can just pull the housing off, then use the vicegrips to backthe studs left out.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thats what im gona do, vise grisp wont fit around the center sections bolts. Im gona cut the the bolt heads off with a dremel cutoff disk and then use vicegrips to remove the stud after i torch it. Then get a couple of bolts out of the turbo on a valvo or saab at the junkyard.
oscarmayer said:
if you remove the bolt heads witha grinder you can just pull the housing off, then use the vicegrips to backthe studs left out.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
Thats what im gona do, vise grisp wont fit around the center sections bolts. Im gona cut the the bolt heads off with a dremel cutoff disk and then use vicegrips to remove the stud after i torch it. Then get a couple of bolts out of the turbo on a valvo or saab at the junkyard.
why wouldnt a vice-grip fit? worked fine on one of my turbos

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i vice gripped the shit outta those bolts and no movement. Guess im gonna have grind em off

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Man those are bitch to grind and tap1!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah i pretty much messed it up. looking for another turbo.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts