Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many astronomy guys that we have on here but this show came out and it and it continues and builds on Carl Sagan's show The Cosmos, alot of similar aspects used here from his original show, updated theories and of course awesome graphic effects.

One of the cool things I noticed is that Seth McFarland is the executive producer in this and said Carl Sagan was a big influence on his life and donated alot of own time/money into the project and got this project a green light so now we can all enjoy it. He also hand picked all the animators for the series.

The show is free on fox or fox.com has it or direct link down below for free streaming from fox.

COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey

Yes I know total nerd factor here but hey it is learning about our existence.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Grew up watching the original and I've been waiting on this one as well. I liked the first episode a lot. I did see a lot of people complaining about all the cgi and special effects, I guess they don't understand the target audience . Thanks for the reminder about the new episode last night lol.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Nobody says millions and billions like dear old Carl......

That will stick with me for a lifetime.

Brian Greene hosted a Nova special called "The elegant universe", mostly about string/m theory. Very good watch.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had to watch Carl Sagan's The Cosmos when I was in school. I will say that having a short attention span this was one of the few things in school that kept me glued to what was going on and actually paying attention and taking notes.

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
Loved the original, it got me wanting to study engineering, physics and mathematics.

The new series is really good, I like it so far :)

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Liked the new one but it didn't say anything I didn't already know. Hope they make a bunch more!

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
I have a signed Cosmos book that mom won through local PBS station auction.

With Cosmos and Nova on PBS, mom had no hope for the TV.

Wild Kingdom, Cosmos, Nat Geo on PBS, NOVA,m even 60 minutes "point counter-point"....

Todays TV....we ARE doomed!

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
My sister worked on that show and her name rolls in the credits of every episode (look for the line "Assistant to Jason Clark - Rebekah Sturm"). I've known about this show for at least 6 months and have been anticipating it ever since. I have a TON of Cosmos swag (hat, shirt, mug, etc) that my sister got all of us for Christmas and a signed Cosmos book by Carl Sagan AND Neil deGrasse Tyson, pretty cool stuff! Neil deGrasse Tyson is a super smart, awesome guy (met him a few times) and is one of the most down to earth (no pun intended) people I've ever met. And yes, all 13 episodes have already been filmed and are scheduled to air.

Also, keep an eye out for Seth MacFarlane's new movie coming out in a few months: 1000 Ways to Die in the West. I saw a few trailers (can't say much more) and this movie is going to be funny as shit! And yes, my sister's name will roll in the credits for that movie too. #proudbigbrother

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I kind of wish I was born a few centuries from now just to see what our technology will teach us as it improves, I don't know if living in that future will be any fun though.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Hard to say if we will be here in a few thousand years.

But I have been watching it, and it is very insightful.

I have also recently read a Nat Geo article regarding sigularities and black holes. Very very good read.

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
I didnt grow up watching cosmos but I found it after i graduated high school and went on my own and fell in love with science and read up about it. Great inspiration to how i teach my child to learn more and love what you do. The new cosmos was pretty cool but they said it wasnt a remake of the old cosmos but man it's just like it in every way. like bone said love how they used carl's original voice from the original show and NGT's experience with dr sagan. hope it stays great and opens up young/old minds out there.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Really liking this series

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Ahahah! I love it!

You guys really think we will make it off the rock to spread life?

How do we know the DNA that found existence on earth wasn't stray debris from another plant with life.

We found code on Asteroid as well as Base pairs floating in space via spectroscopy.

As far as modern TV, its mostly shit. Most of the informational shows have been dumber down to try to interest idiots but then has no informational value to people like me.

Kinda un-exciting and saddening. We need TV like the JDMs.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
We need TV like some of the BBC shows.

You want a real laugh, try to what the first episode of Hanger 1. I couldn't watch it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts