Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to put my car on scales today, to corner balance my car at school. The weight of the car with about 2 gallons of gas and basically no back seat, a couple speaker boxes for 6x9 speakers, and without me, came out to be ......2007 lbs. About a 65/35 weight distribution. Anyone else weigh their car before? Oh yah we also did a 03' Si which came out to about 2700lbs.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Didn't weigh my car before, I would love to find a place though. I don't think my bathroom scale would work...:)

·
Registered
229 Posts
2125lbs sans driver. that's a 93 Civic Si setup for SCCA STS class autocross. Full interior, no carbon fiber, etc. She's on a diet this winter, should tip the scales next spring at 2080lbs.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Solo-x, that's light! My 89 is about 2035.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
this makes me want to go to the race shop and weigh my car and find out the balance and cross weight...

fuck, im calling scott this weekend to see if we can do this... :TU:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Solo-x, that's light! My 89 is about 2035.
Still overweight though. I still have the stock passenger seat (8lbs to be saved going to the STS min. weight of 25lbs), the car has the aftermarket undercoating, I'm using a 10lb battery instead of the 5lb battery, and I have about 5 other top secret ways to save another 15lbs off the car. I figure if I did EVERYTHING, sparing no penny I could get it down to 2050lbs. At this point though, I'm wanting to play with the new Hoosier at 275/35/15 and jump to SP. If I did the same thing for that class, I could hit something south of 2000lbs. :shocked:

·
Registered
999 Posts
has anyone found a wheel that will work well with those tires solox?...

·
Registered
229 Posts
has anyone found a wheel that will work well with those tires solox?...
c-u-s-t-o-m.

Kodiak, Kieser, and a handful of others will make you a 15x10 or so wheel. Expect to spend $350-$500 depending on how light and wide you want it. You're going to want at minimum a 9.5" wide wheel, a 10" or 10.5" is probably the best compromise with an 11" wheel being the best for grip/response but possibly the excessive width/weight will be too much of a penalty in autocross. The car gets 1" wider for every 1/2" wider you make the wheels.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is there weight limits for autocross? Like a minimum.

It depends on your class. Stock, Street Touring, and Street Prepared do not have minimum weights, so you lighten the car as much as you possible within the rules. Street Modified, Modified, and Prepared all have minimum weights, usually measured with driver, that you must conform to. You are weighed at impound and if you don't make weight, you're DSQ'd.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
2000 civic ex 2230.

no ac,ps,full gastank(77lb) guted trunk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts