Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
I'd say whatever you get make sure it's lithium I have the craftsman c3 and the battery is horrible for something that needs that kind of power

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
the new snap on gun is sick, i have the old snap on gun an only thing i found it dont take off is balancer bolt and sometimes head bolts,

·
Registered
93 eg coupe
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys , I seen the craftsman c3 has upgradeable battery ....

Snap on is it the 14.4 V older version.

I mainly want something with a smaller head , able to use for brake caliper bolts.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
yeah old snap on is 14.4 it blows calipers off an caliper brackets on cars no problem. new snap on is lithium battery not sure of voltage. i bought my gun an 2 weeks later they launched new one i was pissed.

·
Registered
fa5 si e92 335is
869 Posts
Milwaukee, this is what I use daily at work, i have a 12v 3/8 impact and ratchet and then a 14v 1/2 and 3/8 impact gun that I drive around with in my car. But the 12v last long, maybe about a 1.5 week without a charge and pretty powerful for daily normal use. When the task becomes big, I go get the 14v kit.

·
Registered
fa5 si e92 335is
869 Posts
But if you really have the money the snap-on is good and I'm sure you have a tool truck that warranty your tools when you buy them, and trust me you'll need that tool truck warranty lol.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Ryobi 18volt 1/2'' impact 200 foot pounds of torque... $100 plus $70-100 for batery and charger...

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Milwaukee, this is what I use daily at work, i have a 12v 3/8 impact and ratchet and then a 14v 1/2 and 3/8 impact gun that I drive around with in my car. But the 12v last long, maybe about a 1.5 week without a charge and pretty powerful for daily normal use. When the task becomes big, I go get the 14v kit.
if you have the money buy the Milwaukee
we use to abuse Milwaukee tools every day at work. Go through the motor brushes every month

Ill agree with these statements..

When I use my buddys shop, I borrow his 1/4 and 3/8 and they work awesome!

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
i have an 18v milwaukee 1/4 impact, and my friend has a 3/8 snapon 14v impact.

I like mine because of the battery indicator, the light stays on for a few seconds after depressing the trigger, the total length of the "head" from the driver to the end of the motor is shorter allowing you to get into smaller spaces and it has alot of power plus the battery lasts forever.

THe snapon felt like it had slightly more power but its hard to tell between the two. it was a little bit larger and longer. the light also only stayed on while you pressed the trigger.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
What are you going to use it for? I dont really see a use for 3/8ths impact other than engine disassembly...

I have a Milwaukee 1/4" chuck impact, it removes lug nuts @ 100ftlbs or less. But I only use it for removing screws and simple stuff. Lithium batterys came with a drill 1/2" chuck that I use all the time.

Going to buy one of the little 1/4" chuck screw guns next to replace this. Got the 3/8ths and 1/2" air guns for the real jobs anyways.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
I've had my snap on gun for 3-4 years now. I work on semis and use it all the time and have only had to have 1 battery rebuilt the whole time I've had it. It works great on cars and has lots of power. Its getting tired and looks rough now but the new lithium is 600 and I dont want to spend that much right now. I had a 3/8 makita lithium and it wasn't bad had less power and the batteries died more often but still a good gun for the price.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
A friendly reminder, http://www.d-series.org/forums/general-tech/167465-tool-talk-my-garage-everything-related-tools-garage-shop-related.html

Make sure you are getting the latest model "Fuel", it should have two speed, brushless engine, it has light indicator and the kit comes in case with fast charger and two lithium battery or you can buy the extended lithium battery but this will make it a bit heavier and bulky.

After checking this tool for a while and waiting for it to be available, finally got mine today.
I knew I need it a small cordless screwdriver and I also need it a small impact driver and I didn't want it a 3/8 impact drive so after checking this videos out I order my baby.

Milwaukee M12? FUEL 1/4" Hex Impact Driver Kit 2453-22 - Real World Review and How To - YouTube

YouTube
Went to the u-pull it yard today, somebody beat me to a set of like new Tein springs that I had my eye on them (damm you) anyway found a Prelude and it still had the h22 vtec engine, first time that I find a dohc vtec of any kind in the upull it yard, it also had cross drilled disc, brand new pads that seems to be Hawk Pads, and calipers seem to be almost new, Nissin brand.

Anyway went prepare with everything, my Snap On impact criver and my new baby, the Milwaukee 2453-22 1/4 hex impact driver, I was using the impact for small bolts/nuts 10, 12mm and it work awesome, then I need it to remove a 14mm bolt that was a bit tight for my big Snap On Impact, so I took a chance with my small Milwaukee, and was amazed at how easy it removed it.

Wanted to know how much the new Milwaukee M12 was able to do I used it for everything there after, I remove the caliper brakets 17mm like it was nothing, you guys know that any breaks or suspension parts are a bit hard to remove to do all the elements that affects them, heat, cold, water, snow, salt, my little M12 removed them like they were hand tight.

Next thing I started to remove the everything that was attach to head, exhaust header (3 bolts that holds the lower portion of the manifold to the downpipe, this were super rusty, took them out like a champ, all the bolts for the manifold came out easy, braket for the power steering, alternator out of my way they went.

conclusion and to answer your queston Pata, this little Milwaukee M12 Fuel, was kicking ass today, the beauty was that because of the two speed I was able to used it as a screwdriver for the small bolts and for the bigger bolts I used it as an impact and it did super awesome!!!!
Really recommend this tool guys!!!

PS- did a video with my stupid phone but now I can't find it. If I find it I will post it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts