Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Who in here as converted their ignition system to COP and how have you done it, what parts did you use, etc....
I'm considering doing that in my car, been searching the web and everywhere i can possibly imagine...
The simplest way i found was the AEM EPM, but that's a bit over the price for me.!
Has anyone done a homemade cam and crank trigger to use with COP?
Also i've seen many people using the plugs from Honda CBR's, which are the best match for the d series motor? What engine management system you used?
By the way it's for a bike carb conversion d13b2...
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Hondata cpr kit

Stand alone ecu/ems with epm

Stand alone ecu/ems with t1 cam trigger. Distributor is not needed with this

Those are the three best option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wondering, but why are you trying to do this?
Has i'm using bike carbs i want a way to electronically control the ignition, it can control more accuratelly the ignition through some type of cam an crank sensors, it's a clener look to... I think it has more upsides then downsides from what i've been seeing around.
Please correct me and any other kind of suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,290 Posts
why not just use the oem dizzy and obd1 ecu?

other than looks what what is to be gained ..

If you want cheap use a megasquirt but since I am suggesting it to you it is probably too much involved ...

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Has i'm using bike carbs i want a way to electronically control the ignition, it can control more accuratelly the ignition through some type of cam an crank sensors, it's a clener look to... I think it has more upsides then downsides from what i've been seeing around.
Please correct me and any other kind of suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks
We already have said sensors.
We already have said "way".

Please elaborate?

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
stock D series ignition has supported over 500whp and in some all motor buidls has proeprly supported 10k rpms.

at this point COP is sort of a luxury.

However, CustomY8's kit should do wonders for ignition durability when that gets released

1 - 11 of 11 Posts