Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this was because i am young guy driving a lowered, loud, rimmed civic or what but this was kinda bs. The other night i was at my gf's house and i noticed a sheriff cruised by. I left about ten minutes later and low and behold within a mile i see a porker sheriff on my 6:00 and he just hangs with me for a little and then flicks on the lights. When he get's to my car he just says "I pulled you over because in the state of WI it is illegal to have a modified exhaust...and yours is surely modified." THe entire time he's telling me this he is glancing around my car shining his flash light. Then he takes my license and goes back to his car for literally almost 10 minutes, probably trying to get his hands on any possible dirt he could dig about me (lucky clean record, except minor traffic). Then it ended all fine and he let me go and all, but still i think that is kinda BS. In the 2 years i have had that exhaust i have never gotten pulled over for it. Pigs man, shit always tryin' to catch us ridin' dirty in the hood.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
they're gonna do what they're gonna do whether you like it or not.

i can't tell you how many exhaust tickets i have under my belt. but i like my exhaust and i don't care what anyone says. it's stayin'!

last time i was in court for a muffler ticket the DA looked at the ticket and said "is there something wrong with your exhaust?" i said no its just aftermarket. then he shook his head. unfortunetly he wasn't cool enough to dismiss the ticket. lol

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
you didnt even get a ticket and you are bitching..LOL wtf man, i have over 14 exhuast tickets. go get a tissue lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
keep a copy of the highway traffic act (or whatever the official name for the rules of the road is in your area) in your car and having that reference on hand may spare you if a cop tries pulling shit just to waste your time.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
I will bet money that he was looking for a wanted/suspended driver. He was also shinning his light in your car looking for weapons/drugs for his safety....cause thats what I do. You wont believe how many wanted people/drug dealers I've taken off the streets from simple things such as a tail light out or cracked windshield. So, no it wasnt a harassment type deal.

·
Registered
936 Posts
what's weirder is: the other day i got pulled over (going from st. paul, mn to joplin, mo) and the cop told me to get in his passenger side. i was like, "wtf, this if fucking odd. what kinda cop tells their suspects to get into the passenger seat?!" He then proceeded to get in the squad car and dialed my licence # into hq....negative, yeh. anyways, he let me go with a warning for not signaling. i seriously thought i was gonna get cop abused. lol. actually not that funny if you were there.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
what's weirder is: the other day i got pulled over (going from st. paul, mn to joplin, mo) and the cop told me to get in his passenger side. i was like, "wtf, this if fucking odd. what kinda cop tells their suspects to get into the passenger seat?!" He then proceeded to get in the squad car and dialed my licence # into hq....negative, yeh. anyways, he let me go with a warning for not signaling. i seriously thought i was gonna get cop abused. lol. actually not that funny if you were there.
*Cop* "Sir, will you please place your hand on the armrest?"
*You* "Ummm, okaaaaay?"
*Cop* "Now, hold still whilst i rub my penis & scrotum on your knucles."
*You* {sobbing} "Yes sir...."

LONG AWKWARD PAUSE

*You* {Screaming like a grade school girl} "I NEED AN ADULT!!!" {Takes off running}
*Cop* {Laughs devilishly} "Works everytime on these ricers."

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
*Cop* "Sir, will you please place your hand on the armrest?"
*You* "Ummm, okaaaaay?"
*Cop* "Now, hold still whilst i rub my penis & scrotum on your knucles."
*You* {sobbing} "Yes sir...."

LONG AWKWARD PAUSE

*You* {Screaming like a grade school girl} "I NEED AN ADULT!!!" {Takes off running}
*Cop* {Laughs devilishly} "Works everytime on these ricers."
:bigrofl:

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Pigs man, shit always tryin' to catch us ridin' dirty in the hood.
ROFL

If it's illegal to have a modified exhaust, just get a replacement one.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
ROFL

If it's illegal to have a modified exhaust, just get a replacement one.
WTF????? yeah lets go back to stock. not, lol just get a more stealth look. not some huge fart cannon. ever since i went with a flowmaster 1 chamber and 3inch piping, i havent got an exhuast ticket.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
I don't know if this was because i am young guy driving a lowered, loud, rimmed civic or what but this was kinda bs. The other night i was at my gf's house and i noticed a sheriff cruised by. I left about ten minutes later and low and behold within a mile i see a porker sheriff on my 6:00 and he just hangs with me for a little and then flicks on the lights. When he get's to my car he just says "I pulled you over because in the state of WI it is illegal to have a modified exhaust...and yours is surely modified." THe entire time he's telling me this he is glancing around my car shining his flash light. Then he takes my license and goes back to his car for literally almost 10 minutes, probably trying to get his hands on any possible dirt he could dig about me (lucky clean record, except minor traffic). Then it ended all fine and he let me go and all, but still i think that is kinda BS. In the 2 years i have had that exhaust i have never gotten pulled over for it. Pigs man, shit always tryin' to catch us ridin' dirty in the hood.
you broke the LAW by having a modified/after market exhaust, and you are bitching about it.....?

sounds to me like you should have thanked the officer for pointing out to you, that YOU were wrong and that you'll get it legal ASAP.....

it doesn't matter how long you've had it, the important part is you have it, and you have to deal with the consequences....

i am tired of people doing illegal things, and bitching that they got a ticket for it.... just because you CAN put an N1 style exhaust on your car, doesn't mean you SHOULD.....

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm not really bitching about the fact that he mentioned the illegal exhaust so much as he was snooping around and suspicious like i was some criminal. And my exhaust is actually kinda hidden (the tip ends about 3-4 inches before the bumber) and there is a fat resonator on it to make it quieter. Maybe i came off like a spoiled bizzatch or something but not my intention. If you guys new the cops in my little ass town of Pewaukee and how big their heads and guns were you might see more where i'm coming from. But yeah anyways by no means am i some whiney punk, just don't like being surveilenced at my girls house and then followed down the road until he realized he could get me for an "illegal exhaust".

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
I'm not really bitching about the fact that he mentioned the illegal exhaust so much as he was snooping around and suspicious like i was some criminal. And my exhaust is actually kinda hidden (the tip ends about 3-4 inches before the bumber) and there is a fat resonator on it to make it quieter. Maybe i came off like a spoiled bizzatch or something but not my intention. If you guys new the cops in my little ass town of Pewaukee and how big their heads and guns were you might see more where i'm coming from. But yeah anyways by no means am i some whiney punk, just don't like being surveilenced at my girls house and then followed down the road until he realized he could get me for an "illegal exhaust".
there is an old Japanese saying, the nail that sticks out, gets hammered.....

lowered car, rims, exhaust, and out late at night... you have to think about most people are in the house and in bed by 10 pm... by that token why would someone be out any later for a GOOD reason, the snooping around is because so many people put officers lives in danger everyday, they TRAIN them to look for those kind of things.

the first thing i tell an officer is hi, i mean you no harm or disrespect and i'll tell you where everything is before i move for it..... plus i hand them my CHL and drivers license, that way there is no confusion on who i am and what my intentions are.

but to stereotype them as big headed with big guns is really ignorant, not every cop wants to hassle every person they pull over, if you dont give them a reason to they wont. most cops want to spend as little time with a person as possible for their safety as well as maintaining minimal liability (car crashing in from behind) to you.

·
Registered
826 Posts
i allways get followed and my plates ran by cops. its shitty and nerve racking

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
i got pulled over yesterday for no hood :X cop let me go after realizing my brother is a detective. but yea. i looked up the ordinance. its actually legal to drive hoodless <3

but yea. ona serious note. this sounds like entrapment. which is illegal. and if he did cite you.. if you brought up entrapment in court. and won. that cop would lose his job... like the others said. he let you go tho.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I will bet money that he was looking for a wanted/suspended driver. He was also shinning his light in your car looking for weapons/drugs for his safety....cause thats what I do. You wont believe how many wanted people/drug dealers I've taken off the streets from simple things such as a tail light out or cracked windshield. So, no it wasnt a harassment type deal.
headlights how i got arrested for hash.......:slap:

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
i got pulled over yesterday for no hood :X cop let me go after realizing my brother is a detective. but yea. i looked up the ordinance. its actually legal to drive hoodless <3

but yea. ona serious note. this sounds like entrapment. which is illegal. and if he did cite you.. if you brought up entrapment in court. and won. that cop would lose his job... like the others said. he let you go tho.
how is seeing a vehicle on the streets and being on the same road as him entrapment, the officer would have no idea when or if he was going to leave that house that night..... it might not have even been the same officer.

once you are on a public street you are fair game, i think you need to ask your detective brother the definition of entrapment....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts