Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any ideas why I'd be smelling coolant in my exhaust? Every 4-5 days my overflow tank fills up and I have to fill my rad. back up. I've got a d16y7

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my bro. in law who used to be a honda tech. I'll get a comp. test and go from there. I'll probably end up sending the head off to get it checked, see if it's warped or what-not. thanks by the way

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will not rule that out as a possibility tranzex, as I didn't state before that this engine is somewhat of an unknown quantity. I got it as a temporary solution 2 years ago out of a car with unknown miles. I knew the engine had been used hard and had a rebuild in like 2002 by Dart(it had a tag on the engine) But it was all I could afford at the time and my brother in law had it out of the car already. So, I was only down for a short time, and this is my "family" car. It didn't start giving my problems til about 4-5 months ago.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
1 quart every 120 miles is what mine pukes out now. 5-6 weeks until I can swap the motor, been driving like this for 5 months.....no biggy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well at least it's not real hot in OH, huh, haha. Yeah I've gotta just recycle what goes in the overflow tank or else it gushes all over the place, proly not the best thing to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Coolent leak

Hey, I have a 92 civic vx with 230,000 miles, 6 months ago I was forced to replace my head gasket due to the problems that's happening to you. I started having to add coolent about a year before I replaced the gasket. First the coolent would be down about haft a can of coke, then a full can worth, I kepted topping it off to the point that every time I drove someplace, the coolent bottle would be full to the top and the radiator bone dry. With only 1 gallon of coolent used in my VX. When it cooled down I top off from the full bottle. I had problems getting smoged, new Cat passed test. But the leak was still there, About 7 months ago it blew out big time out my tail pipe, That's it, broken. My son was able to do a compresson test, #3 was way low. We where lucky with teardown, other that milling the head and a new head gasket, problem fixed. Good Luck

OzHole

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you feel any power loss or anything else different when you had to keep filling it up? If compression is lost in a cylinder you should feel a noticible difference, correct?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts