Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my plastic container seems to be increasing in coolant more and more...
car isnt overheating at all though...i changed coolant about 500 miles ago...

what problem could this be?? clogged radiator? bad thermostat? bad water pump? etc..

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
sounds like head lift. Mine did the same thing before I put on my ARP's

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so, if i drain the radiator, i should find oil in there right? meaning HG is blown as well?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
so, if i drain the radiator, i should find oil in there right? meaning HG is blown as well?
not really. My hg wasn't blown when my head was lifting. But if you're gonna do arp's, might as well put in a fresh hg. There have been some people that say they have been able to put in the studs without swapping the hg, but I would swap in a new one while it's apart, it's only $40 or so and it's cheap insurance.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what would happen if i do not do anything else, but drain the coolant out to get it back to the reg. level??

I already ordered an alum radiator off of ebay and will be here on Tuesday. what should I do?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
it will keep happening until you do something to correct the head lift. It's only going to get worse. Go ahead and get the ARP's and new hg and call it a day

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
it will keep happening until you do something to correct the head lift. It's only going to get worse. Go ahead and get the ARP's and new hg and call it a day
:TU:

if you do both, you'll feel alot better!

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys,

as u guys might know that I changed the radiator on my sol to an aluminum ebay one, the plastic tank seems to be dropping down to the min line now after being on the max line. Seems like it might have been a clog/cap/flow problem and not a headlift problem.

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts