Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just FINALLY got my civic back after 3 1/2 months gone in the worst shop in the world. and.. it blows my manifold apart after 3 1/2 hours of driving from a backfire from a shitty ass tune + a coolant problem. They didn't even test drive the car after the build. anyways...

In 5th gear when i would give it alittle gas (not even boost.. haven't even boosted the car) the car would start to run hot but never completely overheat. If i would slow to like 35mph or so for a good 20-30sec it would go back to normal temp. But then again 3500rpm in 5th it would start to overheat. No leaks--- shitty tune---

any ideas of what could cause a car to do this?

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Ok I just FINALLY got my civic back after 3 1/2 months gone in the worst shop in the world. and.. it blows my manifold apart after 3 1/2 hours of driving from a backfire from a shitty ass tune + a coolant problem. They didn't even test drive the car after the build. anyways...

In 5th gear when i would give it alittle gas (not even boost.. haven't even boosted the car) the car would start to run hot but never completely overheat. If i would slow to like 35mph or so for a good 20-30sec it would go back to normal temp. But then again 3500rpm in 5th it would start to overheat. No leaks--- shitty tune---

any ideas of what could cause a car to do this?

How did they build, and TUNE the car without test driving/running the car on the dyno, or hitting boost?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did they build, and TUNE the car without test driving/running the car on the dyno, or hitting boost?
obv the car was ran on the dyno. They put 12 miles on it. The car was not driven on the road at all. I honestly wish i would of just boosted it while down there. but boost does not exsist.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
sounds like they didnt tune at all. I'd take it back and make them fix the problem. TODAY!Not 3 months from now. and they should cover the cost since you didn't get what you paid for

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
sounds like they didnt tune at all. I'd take it back and make them fix the problem. TODAY!Not 3 months from now. and they should cover the cost since you didn't get what you paid for
See i honestly think they didn't tune the car at all either. I have nearly 6grand in a non-sleeved d block from these guys.
As far as them covering the cost they wont pay for shit. He wouldn't even give me gas money when I drove 3 hours to pick my car up on the day they said it was gonna be ready and I get down there and the motor isn't even in the car.. That's how awesome this shop is.

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
obv the car was ran on the dyno. They put 12 miles on it. The car was not driven on the road at all. I honestly wish i would of just boosted it while down there. but boost does not exsist.
if the car blew up on the way home, you should have called them immediately...

Dont waste any time, call them right now, if you havent already, and tell them what happened.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
if the car blew up on the way home, you should have called them immediately...

Dont waste any time, call them right now, if you havent already, and tell them what happened.
Car didn't blow up this time.. Just blew my manifold apart at the wastegate. I really hope my pistons are ok...

I know this sentence is gonna sound crazy and its 100% true. I parked my car and started it up the next morning with an open header sound. It wasn't like that when i parked it... what does this mean??? The shit literally fell off over night......

heres a pic of the manifold

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Car didn't blow up this time.. Just blew my manifold apart at the wastegate. And i'm listening to my lawyer on this. I really hope my pistons are ok...

I know this sentence is gonna sound crazy and its 100% true. I parked my car and started it up the next morning with an open header sound. It wasn't like that when i parked it... what does this mean??? The shit literally fell off over night......
What brand of manifold do you have......?:pinch:

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
have you checked your coolant level yet?

send the manifold back to go-autoworks they will fix it. manifolds crack, it happens. especially the waste gate like you have there.

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Go-autoworks str8 from this site.
well at least you have a good quality manifold... Like danz said, send it back to greg, he will take care of you.

And along with danz again, have you checked the simple things like coolant, oil level etc.... being a new motor/build, maybe the shop didnt fill everything properly etc etc etc...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
have you checked your coolant level yet?

send the manifold back to go-autoworks they will fix it. manifolds crack, it happens. especially the waste gate like you have there.
I already had a guy look at the manifold. He said it could be fixed but it would be cheaper and better to just buy a new 1. It is not go-autoworks fault on why it blew apart so I will not be contacting them. It was the terrible tune on the car that caused it.

Coolant level was always high/full which is why i dont get why it is overheating. It doesn't leak at all.. I just dont get it! Car had oil and all that bs..

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
I already had a guy look at the manifold. He said it could be fixed but it would be cheaper and better to just buy a new 1. It is not go-autoworks fault on why it blew apart so I will not be contacting them. It was the terrible tune on the car that caused it.

Coolant level was always high/full which is why i dont get why it is overheating. It doesn't leak at all.. I just dont get it! Car had oil and all that bs..
well, if youve been diligent in eliminating other possibilites.....

it sounds like the car could be running lean as hell possibly, heating the manifold/turbo and melting a hole throught it/ stress cracking it, and when it cooled the metal pulled apart and caused the crack over night....

But thats just speculation

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, if youve been diligent in eliminating other possibilites.....

it sounds like the car could be running lean as hell possibly, heating the manifold/turbo and melting a hole throught it/ stress cracking it, and when it cooled the metal pulled apart and caused the crack over night....

But thats just speculation
That's exactly what i thought and I confirmed it with other shops. It didn't start running lean till near blow time.. it was 13-14.5 then went to 17-19 when i was shutting it down.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
how are you checking the coolant level?

seriously dude send it back to greg, he will fix it for you. hes rreally really good about customer service. thats why it pays to spend a little more and go with a reputable shop

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Man, to me it sounds like the "shop" tired tuning the car and ended up blowing your headgasket and didn't tell you sh!t. Yep, it's done; oh btw, it'll run like crap cuz after we broke it we didn't fix it and it's not tuned for what you have on it.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Man, to me it sounds like the "shop" tired tuning the car and ended up blowing your headgasket and didn't tell you sh!t. Yep, it's done; oh btw, it'll run like crap cuz after we broke it we didn't fix it and it's not tuned for what you have on it.
Agreed! those fucktards messed your engine up and they dont want to take responsibility for their bad customer service.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
we?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts