Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big problems, As some of you might know i got my car tuned in NC, drove fine, drove 14 hours home, got to CT and the car was overheating, pulled over, noticed oil everywhere on throttle body, it was pissing out of the valve cover hole, then i noticed coolant leaking out from the back of the block.

What could it be? heater hoses are fine, my guess is intake manifold gasket, (even though just replaced it, or the water pump.

ahh help, how do i get the bottom bolts off the intake manfold gasket?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay ill do a leakdown test. I also saw a picture of behind the block, seems the only things it could be are Waterpump bad, headgasket, or the is there an 0 ring on that metal hose that attaches to waterpump? maybe i blew that seal?

see picture

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL - that's my picture.

Yes there is an o-ring on the pipe that goes in the water pump. Its possible it blew, but unlikely unless it was pinched when removed and re-inserted.

so what if its the headgasket? do I have to get the head resurfaced once again!? the guy the first time i sent it out said he took alot off it to make it all straight..

let me know

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Try to actually find out what is wrong before deciding on the fix.

Look at spark plugs.

Do compression and/or leak down tests.

Remove valve cover and look for emulsified oil.

Pressure test the cooling system then check for water in the cylinders.

Pressure test the cooling system and check for water leaks from all hoses and connections and radiator, water pump and cabin heater.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
****SOLVED****

Could not find the leak unless it was driving and stop it would leak, by time i jacked up car i couldn't see where it was leaking from, i had someone gas it alot and found it!
stupid hose that goes from heater core to under the intake manifold to the left was dripping out somehow, i cut the hose put it back on and all fixed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
The hoses seem to crush with age, then when moved, the spring loaded clamp is not strong enough to seal in a slightly different position. Cutting the crushed bit off fixes it IF the hose is long enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts