Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I meet with a local tuner to play with my ignition maps on my turbo z6 and we were street tuning and were doing pull after pull on the highway. We bumped the psi and timing up. 20psi. When did around 15 pulls(3rd gear to 4th) then i got off the highway and went to a gas station( right off highway). I noticed that my overflow filled up and spit a little bit out of the top. Never overheated on the highway stayed between 190 and 200 degrees. I took it home and bled the coolant system and there was air bubbles in it. From every thread ive seen about coolant going into overflow typically means headgasket and I asked the tuner and he said hes sure its not that it just we did so many pulls and then got right off the higway and the revs were dropped and not pumping as much coolant as i needed too. My question is what do you guys think? He was listening to the det can and didnt hear any detination or any sort of mishap. Plugs all looked great, and pulled really good the whole time.

Set up is
z6
eagle rods
vitaras
topmount
borg warner s256

Sorry for the long read. Any sort of help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it stayed in the overflow. I let the engine cool down then filled the rad back up and bleed the system.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hate to say it but when I had this problem..it was the HG

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i figured. I just wanted to get a second opinion before i ripped it all apart. thank you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i had arp head studs.
ill have to get a screen shot of the map when i get out of work tonight. I do not know off the top of my head.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats what i figured. I am going to tear it down and check surfaces for flatness and put a new gasket on it. Thank you guys for all confirming and providing feedback to my hypothesis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts