Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so out of no where my car started idling really rough so i inspected and it looks to have coolant leaking in the middle of my intake manifold does this mean i have a cracked head? its a small leak coming from somewhere behind the gasket.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its a 98 civic dx with the y8 head
and when i drive it after its warmed up it will die when i push the clutch in and in neutral. but the car still feels to have just as much power as any other day. wouldnt a cracked block take away from it. make it feel slower?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just took the intake manifold off and it looked like it was right in the middle of the head wear it looks like the head is molded together is that common for that to happen? or could it have just ben from water that was trapped there and i just noticed it? i put the manifold back on and it starts right up and idles a little rough but as soon as it warms up it dies. then i will start it again and it revs normal but as soon as i let off the throttle it dies almost instantly. i have no idea what would cause this. i just had the head pressure checked and resurfaced about 2000 miles ago

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Is the air injection your talking about have anything to do with the female pipethreads right inside the head where he has the arrow?

image copy from google but was link to d series lol...

You know what now that i look at everything with the head the air hole might be lower then that and it might be a cap for where the gsr have a stud there.
Its still possible that maybe the head is cracked and it is leaking from there.
Unless its a freeze plug but i never seen one in the head before.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its a 98 mani and it doesnt have those holes in it. those started in 99 but the head does have a plug type thing right were that middle hole is so it could be coming out of there. i guess going to have to take the head back off and get it pressure checked. thanks for the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts