Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Civic
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put my d16y7 back together with cometic head gasket and arp head studs added coolant with motor off and cylanders filled up with coolant

·
Registered
96 Civic
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you did not torque the head properly or you didn't use the correct head gasket. Try a stock head gasket.
head was torqued down to arps sequense and specs as for the right head gasket the one i got was for a d16y7 which is what i have.. But i did have to remove the rivits that hold the mls together because it did not clear the deck by a c hair

·
Registered
96 Civic
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that sounds like the head gasket was on backwards.
on the gasket it said the word up if im not mistaken.. So i dont think it is on back wards... I did not evan start the car because the cylanders filled up instantly so it hydrolocked

·
Registered
96 Civic
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
put a stock head gasket on it, and see where you are at. Removing the rivets from a head gasket to install it; should have thrown a red flag.
that is true... But i took the advise from someone who builds motors thought i could trust him will a stock hg hold boost

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Stock HG will hold more than fine. Something still is not right though filled instantly. I went through something like that with my other ported head. The damn thing was cracked but it would fill up only on one cylinder not all of them. We need some pictures as their is something that you are missing or failing to tell us

·
Registered
96 Civic
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stock hg will hold more than fine. Something still is not right though filled instantly. I went through something like that with my other ported head. The damn thing was cracked but it would fill up only on one cylinder not all of them. We need some pictures as their is something that you are missing or failing to tell us
i thought it was all of them.. I can see in the middle two i see it pudled up in there the two out side ones are just moist from what i can see through the spark plug hole ..but thats all i did was put the head back on filled the coolant and this is what happen

·
Registered
96 Civic
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so everyone thinks it is a hg should i be worried about the block being cracked.. the head was already sent out to the machine shop and they said that it was good

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
ok so everyone thinks it is a hg should i be worried about the block being cracked.. the head was already sent out to the machine shop and they said that it was good
Unless every single one of your sleeves are cracked enough to INSTANTLY fill the cylinders with water/coolant, I don't see the block being a problem.

·
Registered
96 Civic
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unless every single one of your sleeves are cracked enough to INSTANTLY fill the cylinders with water/coolant, I don't see the block being a problem.
yea and what are the odds of that happinig the coolant didnt do that before i took it apart so obv something went wrong with the install of new hg and arp head stubs prolly the torque.. when i took it back aprt tonight removing the head some of the studs came out. and some of them stayed in and the nuts came off

·
Registered
^^^^
2,102 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts