Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,

Need some assistance/steps on reconnecting or wiring up coolant fan switch located at the thermostat housing, dumb previous mechanic cut up wires to let fan run continously, which means it doesnt actually heat up to operating temp. i now need help wiring it back up as i will be installing new fan switch and thermostat.

Please help with steps or pictures please anyone??? :(

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Fan power to constant 12V

2 wire fan switch, one to ground, the other to the fan relay.
Fixed. Both the fan switch wires are ground. One is a trigger the other is straight ground.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
You have to wire in a relay if the stock one is not there. Feed relay 12volts,ground that comes from fan switch and then fan power out. The ground on the fan goes to chassis ground.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is becoming harder than I thought. If I install thermostat can I use a manual toggle switch until I can get the wiring sorted?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
This is becoming harder than I thought. If I install thermostat can I use a manual toggle switch until I can get the wiring sorted?
Yes but you will still need to wire in a relay.

·
Registered
952 Posts
sounds like you are making this a lot harder than it needs to be - if you have the cooling fan switch on the thermostat housing, this ZC must be OBD1 - is that correct? - on the OBD0 EF, the cooling fan switch was on the back of the block next to the oil filter - the wires for the cooling fan switch are (1) black and (1) yellow with a green stripe and are controlled by the ECU - find these (2) wires where the guy wired it up to run continuous and disconnect them from whatever they are connected to and then connect them to the switch on the thermostat housing - doesn't matter which wire goes where on the switch as it is just a switch to ground - couldn't be easier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts