Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coolant is being pushed into my resevior whenever I get on it. I also realized that coolant is getting to my oil but oil isnt getting into my coolant. I checked compression and its 170 across the board (9:1 comp). I know this is a headgasket issue and im going to replace it with some new studs on thursday but my question is how is the compression good and this is happening??? Am I missing something here??

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
Is the turbo centersection oil and water cooled?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yeah your missing something. compression tests are not for testing if the hg is good. ;)

resisted posting in this when the thread was was posted, figured someone else would have posted it.
Good now its just a matter of time before a leak down test. I was thinking my sleeves were gone at first thats why i was thinking my compression shouldnt be perfect. But ill take a HG over a sleeve anyday.

I dont think it could be headlift cause i have arp head bolts and even if im only running 7psi all this good stuff still happens. Thanks for the quick replies

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
Good now its just a matter of time before a leak down test. I was thinking my sleeves were gone at first thats why i was thinking my compression shouldnt be perfect. But ill take a HG over a sleeve anyday.

I dont think it could be headlift cause i have arp head bolts and even if im only running 7psi all this good stuff still happens. Thanks for the quick replies
Did you use the ARP or factory specs when torquing the bolts and did you use the ARP lube or oil?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you use the ARP or factory specs when torquing the bolts and did you use the ARP lube or oil?
I torqued the studs at 73lbs. and I used the arp lube.
The leakdown came back and its perfect across the board. I still think (at least I hope) its the headgasket and not my block and well soon find out.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
73lbs is too much... its 63... not sure if 10 ft lbs matter though... im gonna lean towards the seals in the turbo if you say comp test and leakdown came out good.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Mine did good numbers across all 4 on my compression test when my head gasket was toast.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
there two kinds of compression in the motor, dynamic and static... static refers to your x.x:1 ratio while dynamic is compression that was bled off during the intake and exhaust stroke... this is due to the duration.
so i think that the compression is showing good numbers because there is not enough force in cylinder wall to move the headgasket ever so slightly as aposed to the motor actually firing.
so while it is true to think its the headgasket, you might want to check the oil seal too...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts